Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I'm settling in on rooting for the Seahawks in the SB.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I'm not a Carroll fan

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
    Can't do it. I think John Fox is a good coach, and I wouldn't hate him having a Super Bowl.

I like the way the Seahawks play, but I don't want a scumbag like Carroll getting a ring.
    It's tough rooting for that guy, he has a Banner type quality about him. Fox is a guys guy coach, I think a lot of Igglephans could relate to him.

Either way I don't have strong feeling for either team, I will watch the commercials and go to bed early. It will get replayed a million times on the NFL Network before the start of next season.
    "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
      It's tough rooting for that guy, he has a Banner type quality about him. Fox is a guys guy coach, I think a lot of Igglephans could relate to him.

Either way I don't have strong feeling for either team, I will watch the commercials and go to bed early. It will get replayed a million times on the NFL Network before the start of next season.
      Certainly true that for each of these teams... For every reason you can find for favoring one of them, you can find a equal or greater reason for not favoring them.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I forgot about that myself

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
        Wow, you really must have forgot that scumbag Jon Fox stealing Eagles play calls on the headset in the playoffs when he was DC of the Giants. That guy is a piece of shit and I've seen enough Eagles seasons end with his dirt bag grin on the other sideline to know there is only one way to go in this one and it's Seattle.

Seriously, what did Pete Carroll ever do to us? He paid Reggie Bush in college? Boo fuckin' Hoo.

People bitch about Belichick with the taped practices but they forget that Fox was listening to the Eagles QB audio in the playoffs back in 2000.
        ....Fuck'em all....I'll will skip the whole thing....neither team worth watching.
        "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Your McMahon references have made an impact

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
          Certainly true that for each of these teams... For every reason you can find for favoring one of them, you can find a equal or greater reason for not favoring them.
          ....The Eagles were a great surprise this season and it was fun to watch because you didn't what was going to happen.

But too many other things IMO are undercutting the quality of the product.

1) Too much overhyped stuff. i.e. The Sherman crap. Really? Is this all you can talk about?
          2) the poor quality of reporting and announcing
          3) The blatant change in approach during the season by officials.
          4) The constant tinkering with changing the game rules
          5) the constant push despite every poll saying the opposite about extending the season.

I know there is a demand for the product but you do begin to wonder what else will be compromised so the "show" can go on?

Comment

I hate Carroll, Sherman, 12th man bull shit, winning the SB before the Eagles ect.. Then on the other side I can't take Horse head winning it either. This could be the worst SB to root for any team in my lifetime.

Comment

Nah he..the worst was

Originally posted by wynnron123 View Post
              I hate Carroll, Sherman, 12th man bull shit, winning the SB before the Eagles ect.. Then on the other side I can't take Horse head winning it either. This could be the worst SB to root for any team in my lifetime.
              The Giants and Patriots SBs...I hate both of those teams...there was nothing to root but hoping the beer wouldn't run out before the end of the game.

Gawd what an awful experience .

Comment

"Who cares about the game? I just can't wait for Bruno Mars and the commercials!!"

Regards,

kelly greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Comment

First off, that avatar is phenomenal. Secondly, there is nothing likeable about peyton (aka the broncos) to me. He is Lord Favre cometh all over again with even bigger numbers and records and mvps. I am decidedly PRO Seattle in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                    i think the unsettling question is are you prepared for a lifetime of pro-brady loving or pro-manning loving after this. If Manning loses, Brady gets the 3 SB hallmark and will always be in that conversation. If Manning wins, I think there's no more debate. Either way, we have to hear about it.
                    yeah i agree that manning distinguishes himself over brady if he wins this one. he now hasn't lost to the pats in the postseason since 04, and that was back when brady had a defense to help him. even if manning loses the whole "he can't win big games" thing needs to stop. i fail to believe that the AFC title game wasn't a big game, and he was flawless.

it's hard for me to find a rooting interest in this one. i hate the thought of john fox having a super bowl. this really is a battle of two underwhelming coaches.

Comment

john fox is the coach of the broncos?

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                      yeah i agree that manning distinguishes himself over brady if he wins this one. he now hasn't lost to the pats in the postseason since 04, and that was back when brady had a defense to help him. even if manning loses the whole "he can't win big games" thing needs to stop. i fail to believe that the AFC title game wasn't a big game, and he was flawless.

it's hard for me to find a rooting interest in this one. i hate the thought of john fox having a super bowl. this really is a battle of two underwhelming coaches.
                      OMAHA!!

Comment

It will be very sickening if Herman the Munster wins this SB

The Mannings Royal Court will be down on the field along with Elway after the game. Peyton, Eli, and Archie all will pose together in a family photo on the camera with lights flashing.

Comment

I was leaning that way ahead of time but feeling even more this way now. Hoping for bad weather as I think it would favor the Seahawks.

after the reaction to Sherman, I'm very close to ejecting my "Peyton is the best Manning, screw the ring count" agenda and going w/the Seahawks.

Peyton is still better than any other standing QB, ring count or no... anyway. another ring just makes it official. Brady has been borderline Favre-ish since he became a QB God come playoff time

Comment

I'll be rooting for the Seahawks because as a fantasy football player that watched a ton of Bronco games this season, I believe their WR/TEs get more 50/50 holding/PI calls than any other team for whatever reason. I believe that reason tends to be that the league would prefer Manning to do well, not that he even needs the help. Don't think it's fair.

Comment

I did not remember this. Still doesn't change who I'm rooting for.
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Every Year

Every year when given the chance, I root for the team who hasn't won a Superbowl. In the absence of that opportunity, I root for the team who has the least. The more those trophies are spread around the better it is for the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X