Just 6 months for Brent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just 6 months for Brent?

Lawyer guys: was this only possible bc of the victims family wanting mercy or how exactly does josh Brent only get 180 days when his buddy died at the scene and he was completely faced ?

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
    Lawyer guys: was this only possible bc of the victims family wanting mercy or how exactly does josh Brent only get 180 days when his buddy died at the scene and he was completely faced ?
    Perhaps you are forgetting about this:
    Originally posted by ESPN
    Prosecutors were pushing for prison time for Brent, whose trial came weeks after a teenage boy in neighboring Tarrant County received no prison time for an intoxication manslaughter conviction in a drunken crash that killed four people. In that case, a defense expert argued that the teen deserved leniency because his parents had coddled him into a sense of irresponsibility -- a condition the expert termed "affluenza."
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...jail-probation

Also, it's Texas.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Probably couldn't go too hard on him after that ridiculous affluenza case down there.
      Last edited by tjl88; 01-24-2014, 07:29 PM.
      It IS About Me Asshole
      -----------------------
      Fuck off, moron. - Kelly Green

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        I don't know how this piece of shit gets 180 days with a previous DUI arrest.

In June 2009, he was sentenced to two years probation and 60 days in jail as part of a plea deal from a March 2009 DUI arrest in Champaign County, Illinois.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Hmm, we're well aware around here...

when it comes to the effects of coddling.
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

.18, best friend dies, 6 months.

How??

Comment

Judge must have had discretion in sentencing (ie. no mandatory minimum over 180) and I heard the mother of the guy who died made a strong pitch for leniency.

Why?

I have no idea ... but that's what I heard.
              Last edited by slag; 01-25-2014, 08:57 AM.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
              X