If guns = ratings, it's my turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If guns = ratings, it's my turn

Columbia Mall happens to be my mall of choice when I shop for gifts for my sweet Mrs. OB.

Fuck all you asshole 2nd amendment gun morons.

If we had honest politicians that actually cared abput the US, them the 2nd amendment would be repealed easilty. Talk about an anachronism, when's the last time we needed a fucking militia?

Terp, I know you live there, It sucks that this had to happen.

that is all
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Ms. Bulb and the Dimmette went to see "Her"

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
    Columbia Mall happens to be my mall of choice when I shop for gifts for my sweet Mrs. OB.

If we had honest politicians that actually cared abput the US, them the 2nd amendment would be repealed easilty. Talk about an anachronism, when's the last time we needed a fucking militia?

that is all
    this afternoon, and I found myself saying, "Don't text during the previews." Insane. Even old farts like you and me don't get so pissed off that we'd shoot someone at a movie theater.

DB
    DB

Comment

that is all

It sucks no matter where you live, but just so I understand what you are saying, that by repealed the 2nd you believe no one should own any guns, or are you simply saying that not everyone should have access to guns?

Comment

To clarify............

I have no trouble at all with gun ownership.

I have a huge problem with private ownership of assault rifles, large capacity magazines, cop killer bullets and the rest of that ilk. All firearms should be registered and owners subject to stricty background checks.

Ownership of firearms is not really a right, it's a privilege
        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
          It sucks no matter where you live, but just so I understand what you are saying, that by repealed the 2nd you believe no one should own any guns, or are you simply saying that not everyone should have access to guns?
          It doesn't matter either way. Criminals will get guns and use them for evil. That's what criminals do.

Comment

I have no trouble at all with gun ownership.

I have a huge problem with private ownership of assault rifles, large capacity magazines, cop killer bullets and the rest of that ilk. All firearms should be registered and owners subject to stricty background checks.

Ownership of firearms is not really a right, it's a privilege

This guy had a shotgun, right? Not that it will matter to some, but I will be interested to find out what the motive was that he singled out those two kids.

Comment

Love of guns is directly proportional to a lack of penis size.
              Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

Originally posted by royal View Post
                Love of guns is directly proportional to a lack of penis size.

What an enlightening comment, so I have to ask, is this just an opinion, or have you personally done the required field tests to arrive at this conclusion.

IOW, do you volunteer at the local gun club on weekends as the mandatory "barrel cleaner"?

Comment

Every gun owner should have to carry INSURANCE.

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                  And ER, I know you'll appreciate it ... LET THE FREE MARKET DETERMINE THE RATES. Your gun kills somebody your rates just went up LOL and the insurance company will have to may out multi-millions per victim (that should be the standard award). Kinda like car insurance but with much higher liability limits. Or you can chose not own certain guns. Capitalism reigns !!!

Comment

Insurance would be cheap

More than 100 million gun owners and vast majority will never have a claim. Problem will be that a large percentage of gun deaths come from people that illegally own guns - and won't have insurance either.
                    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by da guy in france View Post
                      And ER, I know you'll appreciate it ... LET THE FREE MARKET DETERMINE THE RATES. Your gun kills somebody your rates just went up LOL and the insurance company will have to may out multi-millions per victim (that should be the standard award). Kinda like car insurance but with much higher liability limits. Or you can chose not own certain guns. Capitalism reigns !!!

If that was a swipe at me for being a free market guy, then bulls eye, guilty as charged. In the end we ALL "pay" for this whether in monetary terms, or lose of rights and freedoms.

But unlike others I don't see this as strickly a "gun" problem as much as a "society" problem. I am still wanting to know what the motive was, shooter was 19 and it WAS a shotgun, so none of the "assault, high capacity clip, military grade, armor piercing shell, illegally obtained, etc shtick applies.

If I had to guess, I would say it was an affair of the heart, and if that is the case, it would have made no difference if he had a gun or not. He was not emotionally equipped to deal with whatever happened.

Would it make any difference to anyone here if he would have waited outside the mall in his car until they left work in a crowd of people and he bowled them and everyone else over like he was Dick Weber, in that scenario he probably would have killed dozens.

He singled out those two people, even though the paper made it sound like several were shot (not true one other got hit in the foot) the rest all went to the hospital because they got hurt during the stampede.

You could ban guns, but in the end, people will just find other means to kill with, guns, although maybe too easily attainable for some are not the problem, this pussified society that can no longer deal rationally with it's emotions and problems is what is at issue.

Just my take on it.
                      Last edited by Eagle Road; 01-26-2014, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Oh yes we do need a fucking militia...

I am a card-carrying member of Militia Ethridge!

Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                        May 7, 2010

Comment

OK, but..............

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                          I am a card-carrying member of Militia Ethridge!

no penis' allowed.

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                            More than 100 million gun owners .
                            That's one way to frame it. The other way is to say that only 32 percent of Americans own a gun. And evidence suggests that the percentage is in sharp decline. In the 70's, the percentage was over 50 percent.

Part of the gun problem solution in this country will come from simple attrition. As the gun nutz die off over the next several decades, new generations won't be taking up ownership in the same numbers.
                            Last edited by The Ref; 01-26-2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

According to a Gallup pole, in 2011 47% of American adults said they owned a gun, so there seems to be differing data sets. It was the highest mark since 1993. Who knows how accurate it is though. I own a gun, but if someone called me and asked I would say no.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150353/se...hest-1993.aspx

Comment

Working...
                              X