Mike Emrick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hook a brutha up.

I'll buy you all the push screen heros you want on the way back at that gas station in Jersey.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

And a French Apple Pie.

Comment

Exactly

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        Really when you think about it announcers are a matter of personal preference.
        Diggle likes Mike Mycock - go figure!
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Musberger?? Bwaaaa

He's almost as bad as Mycock
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            Hook a brutha up.

I'll buy you all the push screen heros you want on the way back at that gas station in Jersey.
            Thinking about it... I have friends there. Maybe I could entice one of them to score some for us and ship them.

I'm not sure what the deal is with them. When I asked the woman when they would have them she played real dumb and said she didn't know... maybe not until May or something like that. She might have been f*cking with me but we bought other stuff from her and she was perfectly fine helping us out with selecting everything else.
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Imitation.....THE GREATEST FORM OF FLATTERY

You seem to have lost it slaggo.
              "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

igitis
                Last edited by slag; 02-15-2014, 03:13 PM.

Comment

The only thing that's been lost here is your sense of humor.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    Thinking about it... I have friends there. Maybe I could entice one of them to score some for us and ship them.

I'm not sure what the deal is with them. When I asked the woman when they would have them she played real dumb and said she didn't know... maybe not until May or something like that. She might have been f*cking with me but we bought other stuff from her and she was perfectly fine helping us out with selecting everything else.
                    I'm thinking about writing them a letter in my best Spanish inquiring about Numero 5. They have a store in Madrid but I don't believe it's their main place. Thing is when I visit Spain I usually start in Madrid as it is the main destination there and where my friends live.
                    --------

Comment

I thought maybe it's not available on the website due to a restriction on shipping due to the alcohol in the filling but it should be at the retail stores.

Maybe it was just an inventory/timing issue, like she indicated.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        I thought maybe it's not available on the website due to a restriction on shipping due to the alcohol in the filling but it should be at the retail stores.

Maybe it was just an inventory/timing issue, like she indicated.
                        Something is going on with it because in the store you had the option of buying a prepackaged box of chocolates, or you could choose to fill a box with an a la carte selection of the chocolates you wanted.

They had them all distributed in cases by collection.

Basically you just pointed at the ones you wanted and they picked them up with a tong and put them in the box.

The whole section dedicated to the #5 ones was empty. Makes me wonder if there is some other issue going on.
                        --------

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                          No need to be sorry, it's the truth. The sport is followed by mostly heathens, but Emrick brings an elegance to the game better than any other working announcer.

I love the Fox Sports pairing of Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery for college bball too, but for different reasons.

Got in late on this one.... Mike Emrick is good and I have listened to many of the games he has called but by far the best hockey announcer is Bob Cole of the CBC. He is still at it and is past his prime but his calling of the game is second to none.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddPhG6EAOo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npkQlbPOJbM
                          Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
                            Got in late on this one.... Mike Emrick is good and I have listened to many of the games he has called but by far the best hockey announcer is Bob Cole of the CBC. He is still at it and is past his prime but his calling of the game is second to none.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ddPhG6EAOo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npkQlbPOJbM
                            Haven't watched the second clip yet but that first one is classic.
                            --------

Comment

The Red Army team were told that if they didn't get back on the ice they weren't getting paid. They came back as we all know.....
                              Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

To each their own

I also think Gene Heart called a better game. Sam Rosen calls a good game as well. i know he calls the Rangers but i think he's very good.

Todays Game USA VS Russia Emrick. The referee called a penalty and stops play. Emrick "A penalty called against the US." I know he's wrong straight away sine the Russians had position of the puck when the whistle was blown. "Correction its agains Russia".

I watched this live on TV when Clarke scored.

Comment

Working...
                                X