Maclin bigger priority than Cooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maclin bigger priority than Cooper

@ProFootballTalk: Report: Eagles will place bigger priority on keeping Jeremy Maclin than Riley Cooper (which means Cooper is gone) http://t.co/oRHSm3IClh

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
    @ProFootballTalk: Report: Eagles will place bigger priority on keeping Jeremy Maclin than Riley Cooper (which means Cooper is gone) http://t.co/oRHSm3IClh
    If Maclin has recovered from his injury 100 percent I agree with this priority.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

If DJax were to go down, who's your #1?

Certainly not Cooper.

Comment

Riley Cooper is a product of the system who reached his peak during a contract year. Let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowler View Post
          Certainly not Cooper.
          I agree with your sentiment towards Maclin, if Djax goes down, BUT, that only counts if he can stay on the field. Has Coop missed a single game?

Comment

To be clear, I'd like Coop back too

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
            I agree with your sentiment towards Maclin, if Djax goes down, BUT, that only counts if he can stay on the field. Has Coop missed a single game?

...but he's a clear #3, and at best an emergency #2.

Comment

Gotcha, I agree, but if Djax goes down, and Maclin can't stay healthy (which he has yet to prove) if you let Coop go, what do you have left?

Other than some late round rookie WR that you know nothing about and Foles has no chemistry with.

After sitting around for the last what 18 months? Maclin needs to give a homeboy discount, does anybody know if he's even 100%?

This post IN NO WAY thinks they should break the bank or overpay for Cooper, I just hate to see rec. that are ALWAYS healthy walk.

Comment

That's going a bit far. I think Cooper is a good #2 receiver. I'd be fine with either of them, but you definitely don't pay either one big money.

I'd almost rather they keep Cooper (if the money's reasonable) and draft Maclin's replacement, rather than give Maclin a short deal and let Cooper walk. 2 torn ACL's on the same knee for a WR is tough to come back from.
                "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

His contract has nothing to do with his production last year.

And if I'm not mistaken, if he stays he'll be in the same system.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Don't forget this is a Myths McLane report

But in the grand scheme of things, I think Maclin coming back for a 1-yr deal would be best, followed with:

-Drafting a bigger WR in the Cooper mold
                    -Seeing what Benn might bring (although not expecting anything)
                    -Look around for another low-cost FA (or trade)
                    -Drafting another pass-catching TE and/or DAT

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                      His contract has nothing to do with his production last year.

And if I'm not mistaken, if he stays he'll be in the same system.
                      Contract years should never be overlooked in the NFL. He's easily replaceable. Spend the money on defense. I have more faith in Kelly's system than I do with Cooper. He's really not worth all the attention he's getting. I don't get it. We've seen this before.

Comment

Me too. Don't overpay for cooper in any capacity. There are a ton of guys who can fill that role in free agency and draft.

Comment

Out of curiosity, how do you feel about Foles now? Still a Detmer? Didn't see you opine much as the season wore on.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I'm not looking for overpay anyone in general and specifically the likes of him.

However, I don't see his production as anything more than him being elevated to a higher status in the read progression and having a better connection with Foles than he had with Vick.

In spite of his other shortcomings, he doesn't impress me as a contract year kind of guy.
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Joe Jurevicius 2.0

He averaged 3 catches a game. If you remove the Raiders game, there wouldn't even be a discussion. Good organizations let these types of players walk and find a better replacement. They need to show us that they're capable of replacing this level of talent.

Comment

Working...
                              X