Revis might be cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReidsArmy View Post
    Revis is not in the top 3 of CBs in the NFL. I would give those spots to Sherman, P. Peterson, and Haden.
    According to Pro Football Focus, if you want to use their metrics, Revis was the #1 CB in football last year…and he supposedly was only playing at 80% health.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
      According to Pro Football Focus, if you want to use their metrics, Revis was the #1 CB in football last year…and he supposedly was only playing at 80% health.
      Dream Team baby!

pass...i could imagine if they were a corner away...but they are two corners, two safeties and a pass rush away from being a good/championship defense. giving these guys big contracts (because that's what they will probably want) will probably limit how you can spread the money around on defense.

right now, i think it would be a waste.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
        Dream Team baby!

pass...i could imagine if they were a corner away...but they are two corners, two safeties and a pass rush away from being a good/championship defense. giving these guys big contracts (because that's what they will probably want) will probably limit how you can spread the money around on defense.

right now, i think it would be a waste.
        I disagree. Their CB's are decent. They have 1 good Safety in Wolf. Adding Byrd and Revis to the mix would improve this defense tremendously. The offense is in great shape. By adding Revis and Byrd, it gives the eagles the opportunity to find a LB and DL help in the draft. And if they could somehow unload Jackson for a 2nd round pick they could find a replacement in a WR rich draft. As far as money goes, this doesn't happen if Revis still wants $16 mill per year. If you can get him in here for $10-$12 mill. per year you do it.

Comment

If they added a player like Revis, corner is set. Sconces and Fletcher arent superstars, but they'd be your #2 and #4 CBs with Boykin staying as your slot guy. That's a pretty decent group of corners.
          Last edited by Sect 236; 03-11-2014, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
            I disagree. Their CB's are decent. They have 1 good Safety in Wolf. Adding Byrd and Revis to the mix would improve this defense tremendously. The offense is in great shape. By adding Revis and Byrd, it gives the eagles the opportunity to find a LB and DL help in the draft. And if they could somehow unload Jackson for a 2nd round pick they could find a replacement in a WR rich draft. As far as money goes, this doesn't happen if Revis still wants $16 mill per year. If you can get him in here for $10-$12 mill. per year you do it.
            we think wolffe can be good...but he missed his last 5 games...so the jury is still out.

sconces and fletcher were okay...but they can definitely do better.

i don't know...just hope they don't put 9+ in a safety...this guy is good...but he isn't dawkins, reed or polomalu.

if the eagles get him i just hope people realize that he is like assante...he's not a huge fan of tackling...but he can make bit plays.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Working...
            X