Where there's smoke ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ncigglefan View Post
    Maybe the thinking is trade DJax and draft DeAndre Thomas to become that "down the field, stretch the defense" player. He had a pretty impressive time in the 40 at the Oregon Pro Day. I am wondering who the Pats, 9ers, and Ravens have that are "down the field, stretch the defense" threats. They seem pretty successful with good route runners/good hands/catch in traffic types to me. I could be mistaken, but I don't think Boldin is a burner, nor do I think what's his name in Baltimore (sarcasm) is either. Also if you look at it with total honesty, Jackson really showed how selfish he is when he waited all of 2 days to start bitching about being underpaid. At least wait for the sting of that loss to go away. I love what he can do when he has his head on straight, but I really think he will be a hold out again. This team doesn't need that crap from him again.
    Thomas is a bit player, more of a poor man's Sproles than DJax. He'll never be a true receiver

Comment

Anybody remember Detrich Jells? Speed alone does not make a great WR.

Last year, Desean Jackson was a great WR.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

bwahahahaha

Deitrich Jells!!! Woooo!
        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
        May 7, 2010

Comment

Another example: Skeets Nehemiah.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
            The Steve Smith stuff with the Panthers is enough to make me believe. He's probably the most notable player in that team's history and they're just letting him walk.
            That's more like the Dawkins situation. In fact, it's exactly the same. 13 years with the team, best player in franchise history. He can still play and the Panthers have NO replacement. No WRs under contract. Maybe they'll resign LaFell and he'll be their Macho Harris.

trading Jackson would be like trading Smith in 2006. Great WR getting traded for kind of being a dick.

Comment

actually

it is nothing like it would be for the Eagles to trade Jackson. First of all, Smith has never been a "me first" type player, or at least not that I recall. Second, Smith has never had his toughness question, or his willingness to go over the middle. As much as I love his speed. the me first attitude and comments have worn thin. I might not have as much disgust with him if he had at least waited longer to start talking about his contract and saying he hopes everything goes smoothly with that. I honestly believe they will trade him if they get what they think is a fair offer.

Comment

Steve Smith has punched a teammate in the face on two separate occasions. He also said that he was "no longer an asset" to the Panthers after catching two pssses in a victory in 2009.

Yeah, totally not a me first guy.

Comment

Read this thread. I agree where there is smoke there is fire. I believe Jackson COULD be shopped for the right price this draft. I would not disagree with it.

This is a great draft for WR. best of the bunch that should be within the Eagles grasp thought they would prob have to move up in front of the Jags and Jets to get him is Marquise Lee

Also i really dont understand why speed seems to be the biggest consideration when discussing WR. A lot more goes into being a top WR.

According to many on this board if they had to go back to each respective draft they wouldnt take a second look at players like Boldin or Fitzgerald both who couldnt run a 4.5 at the Combine. Or surely not Jerry Rice who ran a 4.7

Straight ahead speed is just part of the total picture and there is a thing as game speed and instinct and leaping ability.

Comment

Although I like Djax and him being mouthy at times doesn't bother me as long as it isn't a distraction. I would rather have him get pissed off than playing an air guitar with a goofy smile on his face.

With that said, speed isn't everything, and lately there have been DB's that he could NOT separate from.

I personally think Djax relies on his speed too much, I think he could be a better rec, than he already is, I do think he gets lazy on routes and just assumes that he can motor around the DB, it doesn't always work.

Comment

Working...
                    X