Birds 24/7 adds to the DJax narrative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
    To take him, and be willing to give up what he is worth to this team (his speed opens everything up for everyone) it needs to be a team who is close, and not worried about the future.

Carolina is close. Pats, yeah, and Belicheat is known for taking in head cases. Titans aren't close so I can't see them doing it. I could also see New England wanting their high picks to draft a TE because their O revolves around TE production.

As always, iowaidiotfan posts dumb shit that has no real football basis. Seattle? Typical fan who only knows what bum announcers tell him to know. Seattle LET Tate walk because they love what they have in Baldwin and Kearse. But that's ok, I wouldn't expect someone like you to know that Seattle's WRs are good, since you only know what ESPN says. I also wouldn't expect you to know Seattle wants a TE as their next offensive piece, because, again...you=clueless.
    Bullshit. In Madden last night, I ran a WR screen back to back; one with DJax and one with Maclin. The results were identical.
    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
      Bullshit. In Madden last night, I ran a WR screen back to back; one with DJax and one with Maclin. The results were identical.
      And you didn't run Cooper? Racist:D

Comment

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...port-says.html

Comment

I'll give you Carolina, but outside of them, of the 30 other NFL teams, do you see any that would give up a high pick for DJacc as opposed to drafting someone?
          I can think of at least one.

I love Andy to death, but he would def give up his 1st for Jackson, and such a move would be retarded. Hopefully KC's GM, forget his name, doesn't let him.

All these rumors mean nothing. If not for Desean, the Eagles score 10 points against the Saints. The Eagles aren't going to get rid of their best offensive player when they think they are legitimate Superbowl contenders.

Comment

San Francisco. If he is being a diva let him hit the bricks if we get a 1st back use it on one of the 8+ stud wideouts in the draft....and I don't even think we need a stud at wideout in this offense, its a run first scheme with quick slant/screens mostly. So build the defense with the pick. They need great blockers at WR/TE that have good hands, and they already have 3 or 4 in house. Have loved Djax's big play ability, but he isn't exactly the best fit for this current offense and locker room by most accounts I have read.
            Last edited by weizer; 03-18-2014, 11:21 AM.

Comment

If he doesn't take the top off the D, the safeties play in the box and the quick slants and run game suffers significantly.

San Fran has vets like Crabtree and Boldin, plus a great TE in Davis. The better move for them is to bring in one of the WRs in the draft as opposed to bringing in another vet, because they can live with the learning curve. I equate it to GB a few years ago when they had a core of vets and drafted Cobb.

Comment

I've been out of the country for the last few days. Has this become a foregone conclusion that he WILL be dealt?

Comment

not foregone.

basically, they are either seriously thinking about getting rid of him or giving him sh!t because of his "i want a contract thing" and are making him pay for it...because some players wouldn't care if their coach didn't talk to them...but desean seems like someone that could be bothered by it.

everyone in sports is petty and new regime or not...i wouldn't put it past them.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I agree there has to be a threat of that or the safeties will come up, but that isn't the main focus of the offensive philosophy. You can get a guy that can stretch the field like that in this draft, Cooper and Maclin can do it if needed as well, or even Ertz. I view Djax as a luxury after this past season...if we can score the same deal the Vikes got for Harvin you do it for the salary relief and losing the drama and draft a guy like Mike Evans to be a deep threat.

Comment

My man, in no way shape or form do safeties or d-coordinators in the NFL treat Maclin or Cooper the same way they treat DeSean.

I get that people don't like his attitude, but the downplaying of what he brings to the O and how much his presence helps his teammates is just plain wrong.

Maclin might be a better all-around WR (when healthy) but there's not many in the NFL that do what DJacc does to a D.

Comment

To take him, and be willing to give up what he is worth to this team (his speed opens everything up for everyone) it needs to be a team who is close, and not worried about the future.

Carolina is close. Pats, yeah, and Belicheat is known for taking in head cases. Titans aren't close so I can't see them doing it. I could also see New England wanting their high picks to draft a TE because their O revolves around TE production.

As always, iowaidiotfan posts dumb shit that has no real football basis. Seattle? Typical fan who only knows what bum announcers tell him to know. Seattle LET Tate walk because they love what they have in Baldwin and Kearse. But that's ok, I wouldn't expect someone like you to know that Seattle's WRs are good, since you only know what ESPN says. I also wouldn't expect you to know Seattle wants a TE as their next offensive piece, because, again...you=clueless.
                        Hey dipshit if the Eagles were going into the season with those two you would be whining like DJackson. Book they are looking for wr help -- Kearse Baldwin give me a fucking break

Bottom line - I believe there will be a bidding war will happen. I would be happy with a 2nd and something else. Lets see how it plays out. Tell me Sect236 all mighty guru of all that is Eagles football how the fuck d you think a team could be satisfied with Baldwin and Kearse,. you Sir appear to be the joke -- I think their first round pick would be about right. Be sure oh guru of all that is Eagles football the Eagles arent going to trade him for chopped liver. 3rd round dont think so 2nd rounder possible but i think the can get more.

Comment

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
                          Hey dipshit if the Eagles were going into the season with those two you would be whining like DJackson. Book they are looking for wr help -- Kearse Baldwin give me a fucking break

Bottom line - I believe there will be a bidding war will happen. I would be happy with a 2nd and something else. Lets see how it plays out. Tell me Sect236 all mighty guru of all that is Eagles football how the fuck d you think a team could be satisfied with Baldwin and Kearse,. you Sir appear to be the joke -- I think their first round pick would be about right. Be sure oh guru of all that is Eagles football the Eagles arent going to trade him for chopped liver. 3rd round dont think so 2nd rounder possible but i think the can get more.
                          I don't think so a year after they gave their first for another WR - Percy Harvin
                          YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Ok you win. I'm tired of trying to dumb everything down so that someone like you can understand more about football. Keep posting, I don't care, I'm just done with reading your verbal diarrhea and trying to help you be less clueless.

And in closing...I'm 100% right about Kearse and Baldwin and Seattle's feelings towards them, but me being right, you being wrong, that's nothing new.

Comment

Working...
                            X