Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You add Maclin, Sproles, and a WR in the 1st round to this offense and subtract DJax.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You add Maclin, Sproles, and a WR in the 1st round to this offense and subtract DJax.

WTF IS THE PROBLEM???...Nobody on this board that knows football can say this offense would be worse off.

I like DeSean so lets pretend he would stay for this season...it would take him all but the 4th game to be throwing sideline bitch fits about not getting enough balls in this loaded offense and there is NO WAY IN HELL if he played a full year next to Maclin and Sproles would he be putting up the same numbers he did last year. Sorry Charlie. Thanks for the memories DJax, its been real. Everyone needs to calm the fuck down with the knee jerk reactions and take a look at the bigger picture. Chip has this team going in the right direction and yes believe it or not the almighty DJax can be replaced.
    "No thanks. College coaches suck in the NFL. This isn't 1956." ~ The Ref

Originally posted by Dirty Waters View Post
    WTF IS THE PROBLEM???...Nobody on this board that knows football can say this offense would be worse off.

I like DeSean so lets pretend he would stay for this season...it would take him all but the 4th game to be throwing sideline bitch fits about not getting enough balls in this loaded offense and there is NO WAY IN HELL if he played a full year next to Maclin and Sproles would he be putting up the same numbers he did last year. Sorry Charlie. Thanks for the memories DJax, its been real. Everyone needs to calm the fuck down with the knee jerk reactions and take a look at the bigger picture. Chip has this team going in the right direction and yes believe it or not the almighty DJax can be replaced.
    He isn't irreplaceable from a production standpoint, but it would be hard to find anyone that can do all the same things he does, particularly the way he stretches the field. Probably the best deep threat in the game today, and with all the attention he gets, when he goes long it opens up everything underneath. It just seems like he was tailor made for Chip's system and was able to make life easier on the rest of the offense.

Comment

That's the one thing that I was thinking

it would take him all but the 4th game to be throwing sideline bitch fits about not getting enough balls in this loaded offense.
      We all know that DJax isn't a "team-first" type of guy.

That said, his deep-threat, "chance to score on every play" ability will surely be missed. Still, if they manage to trade him for something decent I'm willing to give Chip Kelly the benefit of the doubt and take a wait and see approach. If they outright cut him, however, I will be heated.

Comment

I can think of one guy that can do everything he does and more.

Brandin Cooks- Biletnikoff winner and ran a 4.33 at the combine and is decribed as a "stronger. more physical DJax". Chip knows him VERY well as he coached against him in the Pac-12.

Comment

I think Watkins could do some of the same things also, but we wouldn't likely be able to move up and get him without giving up a kingly sum

Comment

Losing Jackson allows that safety that was essentially always helping on him to cover more of the field. Riley Cooper will suck again, Congrats chip on the worst decision since the Fireman.

Comment

So Brandon Cooks

I can think of one guy that can do everything he does and more.

Brandin Cooks- Biletnikoff winner and ran a 4.33 at the combine and is decribed as a "stronger. more physical DJax". Chip knows him VERY well as he coached against him in the Pac-12.
              Is gonna come in off of the street and make defensive coordinators plan specifically for him ? He's gonna draw attention away from the other skill players ? You think they're gonna respect a rookie that much ? Sorry, not gonna happen.
              Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 03-23-2014, 12:11 AM.
              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

A rookie with 4.33 speed YES they will have to respect that.

You say "coming in off the street" like winning the Biletnikoff is chump change. Please tell me what DeSean does more than run fast that defensive coordinators plan specifically for?
                Last edited by Dirty Waters; 03-23-2014, 12:27 AM.

Comment

The issue is also that this team needs to spend this draft fixing the defense. You are almost forced to go WR with the first pick. PLUS, if they trade/cut Djax, they are now $25 million under the cap. No way to justify not getting Byrd or some other high priced defensive player. Just keep him.

Comment

It's going to be Cooks or Benjamin at #22. You can book it. The same people crying now will be the same ones on Chips jock come week 6 when this offense is straight steam rolling defenses.

It was a rather weak free agent class on the defensive side of the ball this year. The days of overpaying for big names are gone. Chips going to continue to add solid pieces (Jenkins, Carroll) and build through the draft.

Comment

Jenkins is horrible imo. I have no clue why people thinks he's going to be good. Just because Nnamdi was a bust doesn't mean you should never spend big money again. I think this is going to be a bad decision.

P.S. Love the avi, Joyner is one of my favorite Eagles ever.

Comment

If the Eagles cut DeSean Jackson.

They will be giving up something for nothing and TDs for free.

Some other team will gladly pick him up and I suspect he will be successful with that team.
                        --------
                        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Regal View Post
                          The issue is also that this team needs to spend this draft fixing the defense. You are almost forced to go WR with the first pick. PLUS, if they trade/cut Djax, they are now $25 million under the cap. No way to justify not getting Byrd or some other high priced defensive player. Just keep him.
                          The cap thing doesn't matter. They have some key players to sign soon. That money won't last long. I don't want Jax gone either, but I appreciate Dirty trying to shed some positive light on this horrible situation.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                            If the Eagles cut DeSean Jackson.

They will be giving up something for nothing and TDs for free.

Some other team will gladly pick him up and I suspect he will be successful with that team.
                            Cutting him without getting something would be really dumb...agree 100%
                            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                              The cap thing doesn't matter. They have some key players to sign soon. That money won't last long. I don't want Jax gone either, but I appreciate Dirty trying to shed some positive light on this horrible situation.
                              They could lock those players up with cap money from this year which will essentially be dead money if not used. None of this makes any damn sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X