No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Jackson to Racists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob, who on the Eagles can shut him down? Not just Boykin. And you say he'll fracture the locker room in DC? I haven't seen evidence he did that in Philly. And you keep pointing towards his mediocrity in the playoffs while ignoring some phenomenal regular season play. Not to mention that the Eagles have barely been playoff-worthy teams. Unless something comes out that we haven't seen, this remains a fiasco.

Comment

Completely agree. Do you think he'll be motivated to play football when the eagles are on the field?

Comment

So you like this move?

Originally posted by Phoward12 View Post
        That makes a certain amount of sense, I'm assuming the high percentage of guaranteed money offsets the fact that the Skins couldn't pay as much total money as the Raiders. And they aren't locked into him long term like that seven year deal for Haynesworth. I have to admit, it's refreshing having an actual numbers guy like Bruce Allen running the show, rather than Vinny Cerrato.

We'll see what happens. I still have concerns about how he'll fit into the locker room, and how he'll handle not being the #1 option, presumably. The Skins have made some solid additions this offseason without breaking the bank for any one players. I don't know if it will return us to division winners like two seasons ago, but the team should win more than 3 games.
        Damn Skins fans are dumb....how many of our sloppy second pickups worked out for you before?

Comment

Skins fans are dumb ????

Originally posted by weizer View Post
          Damn Skins fans are dumb....how many of our sloppy second pickups worked out for you before?
          He's a 27 year old, Pro Bowl receiver who just had a career year, and whether you want to believe it or njot, he's one of the most explosive playmakers in the game. he isn't "sloppy seconds". This isn't Irving Fryar we're talking about, and now he has extra motivation, especially when he faces the Eagles.
          Last edited by Eagle In Ohio; 04-02-2014, 09:23 AM.
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
            Nobody gave a fuck that McNabb went to Washington. In fact, we were glad. Even though he did beat the piss out of us in the first game.
            8 for 19 125yds 1 TD and 1 Int. He really beat the piss out of us in that first game. Do you even watch this team dude? Moron

Comment

Originally posted by weizer View Post
              I'm on the fence. He brings the deep threat with him, which is something the Skins haven't had in years, unless you count Aldrick Robinson, and I don't. He'll certainly give Garcon and Jordan Reed more room to work with, and it will prevent a lot of 8 man fronts, which should help Alfred Morris get more running room. Not to mention clearing out more space if RG3 is healthy and decides to take off running.

On the other hand, I don't know that there will be enough completions to go around to keep him happy. Also, we have Garcon, so Jackson's status as an undisputed #1 will be in question. How will he handle that?

My initial post strictly had to do with numbers. For the contract length and guarantees, it seems about right to me.

Comment

I think its a system thing personally

Originally posted by Phoward12 View Post
                I'm on the fence. He brings the deep threat with him, which is something the Skins haven't had in years, unless you count Aldrick Robinson, and I don't. He'll certainly give Garcon and Jordan Reed more room to work with, and it will prevent a lot of 8 man fronts, which should help Alfred Morris get more running room. Not to mention clearing out more space if RG3 is healthy and decides to take off running.

On the other hand, I don't know that there will be enough completions to go around to keep him happy. Also, we have Garcon, so Jackson's status as an undisputed #1 will be in question. How will he handle that?

My initial post strictly had to do with numbers. For the contract length and guarantees, it seems about right to me.
                Can they design a system where he gets the ball enough? Do they have the qb they need to get him the ball enough(after last year who knows) If he doesn't get the ball as much as he wants it will be another disaster. He is a me first guy like T.O., that may work short term but it starts to fester away in years 2 and 3 usually with these diva types.
                Last edited by weizer; 04-02-2014, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X