In the end, I don't think Jackson wanted to play for Kelly anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the end, I don't think Jackson wanted to play for Kelly anymore

It was reported they had difficulties. From when Jackson questioned why he had to learn all 3 WR spots, to Kelly demoting him to 2nd and 3rd team through OTAs and part of training camp to saying that "my agent, Joel Segal has a good plan for the off-season", to him having problems with both teammates and his position coach. I think he knew one way to get under the FO's skin, particularly after he came out and said publicly basically he didn't go all out every game the last time they had a contract problem. I don't think Roseman and Kelly wanted those problems in a locker room that was looking for leaders--and as one of the most senior members, he would have been looked upon as a leader on this team.

I believe he thought he could get more money from a gaggle of teams, but that didn't materialize.

Kelly had a year to evaluate everyone, he did and he made a decision. That's why he gets paid the big bucks.

But I don't know how the contract is structured, but 38M over the last 3 years--is he actually worth that much as a WR? That's nearly 13M per year--he got 15M guaranteed from the Eagles his first year, his 2013 salary was 6.75M and now he gets 16M guaranteed from the Skins.

you literally will say anything to sniff the FO jock. its sickening
    WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Wow, bobby

This team just cut one of the best playmakers IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE, and have yet to produce on credible shred of evidence as to why, sans a few pictures that prove nothing. Jackson was here for 6 years, if Kelly had that big of an issue with DeSean's off the field life, then he should have gotten rid of him right away, instead of letting him thrive and have a career year, and shoving a giant shit sandwich down the throats of the fans.
      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

That contract was structured to give them the option to cut him loose after two years unless they renegotiated it ... they put 30 mil in salary in the last 3 years of a 48 million dollar 5-year deal.

Now, every damn NFL contract is backloaded with little to no intention to pay the player that non-guaranteed back end money ... even for franchise qbs.

That's why I always have farted in the general direction of that non-guaranteed argument players make when the salaries kick in.

If the player wanted he could take less up front lump sum non-refundable bonus money and have a fully guaranteed contract paying out smaller bits over a longer period of time.

What I can't figure out is why they made the backload kick in after only 2 years for Jackson ... it invited a situation like this.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Even for a varsity straw grasper like bobby, that one's about as slim as I've seen here.

Comment

Maybe it was always just a show-me deal after his griping. And the Eagles apparently, for whatever reasons, weren't that impressed by what they saw.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

The biggest travesty is not that they got rid of him - it's that they fucked it up so badly that they got NOTHING IN RETURN for a pro bowl talent.

Why couldn't they keep their desire to get rid of him bottled up until the day before the draft?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                This team just cut one of the best playmakers IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE, and have yet to produce on credible shred of evidence as to why, sans a few pictures that prove nothing. Jackson was here for 6 years, if Kelly had that big of an issue with DeSean's off the field life, then he should have gotten rid of him right away, instead of letting him thrive and have a career year, and shoving a giant shit sandwich down the throats of the fans.
                It's a stretch to believe that Kelly would have cut a player who historically was a key component for the Eagles without coaching him at least one year. Hell, he kept Vick when he could have much more easily cut him.

Any decision Kelly made last year regarding personnel was based on very limited interaction and film review under a different coach. Decisions this year are based on his actual coaching knowledge. So even if Kelly wasn't a huge fan of Jackson from the start what real option did he have to cut him? He had to see what talent he had to work with.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

He seemed pretty impressive on the field to me.

Comment

Apparently you have a reading comprehension problem. Where in my text did I say that Kelly had a problem with his OFF-FIELD life?? Everything I said dealt with life between the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                      He seemed pretty impressive on the field to me.
                      I thought he looked pretty good too. But as far as I know we're not part of the Eagles FO.

It obviously wasn't just raw numbers as a receiver that changed their minds.

Unless they feel he actually under performed - and maybe he did in ways that aren't as apparent on the stat sheet or to fans.
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

Then maybe Diggle you can tell me why he took what amounts to a 2.5M paycut--if he'd kept his mouth shut, the Eagles might have asked him to restructure but there would be no way they would have cut him like they did. Roseman didn't want to deal with the possible distractions and the threat he'd hold out again. Or can't you see that point of view??

And here's the quotes from January--

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...o-his-contract

Comment

Yeah, WTF do I know ... I think shotgun on 3d or 4th and inches is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyuk View Post
                            Then maybe Diggle you can tell me why he took what amounts to a 2.5M paycut--if he'd kept his mouth shut, the Eagles might have asked him to restructure but there would be no way they would have cut him like they did. Roseman didn't want to deal with the possible distractions and the threat he'd hold out again. Or can't you see that point of view??

And here's the quotes from January--

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...o-his-contract
                            I don't think "not talking" about his contract would have guaranteed he'd be on the Eagles this year. Maybe it would have made him easier to trade since rumors that the Eagles weren't happy with him might not have started so easily.

If they really valued him they wouldn't have cut him.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                              Yeah, WTF do I know ... I think shotgun on 3d or 4th and inches is stupid.
                              They guy that valued Jackson the most didn't.
                              Last edited by TerpEagle; 04-02-2014, 01:44 PM. Reason: typo
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                              X