Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Eagles aren't commenting on the gang article because they are the source.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
    There was more in that article than the gang sign. Somebody bundled up every bit of info, rumor and innuendo they had that made Jackson look like a Crip and dumped it all out. A murder in front of a building leased by his sister? Thirty minutes later, the Eagles release him.
    Nothing in that article that a little investigative reporting couldn't have come up with. There is nothing in the article that was private information that only the Eagles had knowledge of. Zero evidence that the Eagles did anything to smear Jackson.

Jackson smeared himself.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundedBird View Post
      maybe the reason is libel.
      Saying they did not release Jackson because of any alleged gang associations wouldn't be libel. Denying they were the source of the NJ.com article wouldn't be libel.

Doesn't even begin to fly. Try again.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Saying they did not release Jackson because of any alleged gang associations wouldn't be libel. Denying they were the source of the NJ.com article wouldn't be libel.

Doesn't even begin to fly. Try again.
        good example of circular logic. What is really being argued here is IF the Eagles released him because of gang related activity.

Eagles did not say/publish anything about gang related activity for fear of libel.

Libel - LAW definition: a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation

ergo to release him with a statement that it was because of gang related activity could be considered libel.
        Last edited by GroundedBird; 04-04-2014, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joe9518 View Post
          Jackson smeared himself.
          And you still can't explain how he smeared himself only to bring up gang signs shown in pictures. The FO should come out and say Jackson isn't in their future plans because of A or B cut and dry. What's so difficult about that?

Comment

And they already basically said that in their statement. What else do you want them to say?

they aren't going to say anything that will hamper him from getting another job. They just aren't

Comment

He's got another job

Originally posted by joe9518 View Post
              And they already basically said that in their statement. What else do you want them to say?

they aren't going to say anything that will hamper him from getting another job. They just aren't
              With the fucking Foreskins, thanks to this FO. Now they need to talk.
              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                Not to pick a fight with you EIO, but I am going to go out on a limb here and say that no matter what the FO says, it will not be good enough or absolve the situation.

Comment

Exactly. He is not a Eagle no more, they could smear him to death now and it wouldn't matter until they face each other on game day.

Comment

A matter of fact I think some of the TO stuff came after he was doing sit-ups in the drive way. The Hugh Douglas fight thing came up afterwards if I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundedBird View Post
                      good example of circular logic. What is really being argued here is IF the Eagles released him because of gang related activity.

Eagles did not say/publish anything about gang related activity for fear of libel.

LAW - definition: a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation

ergo to release him with a statement that it was because of gang related activity could be considered libel.
                      This is so muddled that I don't have time to respond to all of it. Circular logic?

Suffice it to say, the Eagles could very easily make a non-libelous statement distancing themselves from the desean/gang thing. They could say they don't believe he was a gang member or participated in gang activities.

Unless they were the source of that article.
                      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

This is so muddled that I don't have time to respond to all of it. Circular logic?

Suffice it to say, the Eagles could very easily make a non-libelous statement distancing themselves from the desean/gang thing. They could say they don't believe he was a gang member or participated in gang activities.

No worries...

using the term gang-related in any capacity could have opened them up to libel or at the very least to a line of questioning that they didn't want to answer because it could lead to libel. It's a typical risk-aversion strategy.
                        Last edited by GroundedBird; 04-04-2014, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Really, all they needed to say was that they released Jackson solely for football reasons and the content of the NJ.com article had nothing to do with it.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

One Word

Bullshit.
                            "If I owned Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell!"

Comment

Not true

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                              Not to pick a fight with you EIO, but I am going to go out on a limb here and say that no matter what the FO says, it will not be good enough or absolve the situation.
                              but they need to get off of this "we're keeping everything in house" bullshit, and tell us why, after a career year in this offense, they let go of a player who could have definitely helped bring a Lombardi to the Eagles, and as I said before, now that same playmaker is employed by the Washington football franchise. If he doesn't fit the culture, or if he didn't buy in to what Chip was doing, then just say that. "DeSean and I saw things differently." "I didn't feel he was fully on board with what we are trying to accomplish as a team, so we decided to part ways with him." <----Is this really such a bad thing to say ? Would saying that totally fracture the locker room ? If he's such a cancer, would the players not agree with this ?
                              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                                Really, all they needed to say was that they released Jackson solely for football reasons and the content of the NJ.com article had nothing to do with it.
                                But maybe.they.didnt rease him solely for football reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X