No announcement yet.

DJinx didn't cancel his vacay to be at Skins offseason program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the gang nonsense was the cover story?

From everything I've read it appears to be a combination of attitude and not worth the pay. What don't you understand about his image problem??
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      The attitude makes a nice cover story but maybe he got cut because the Eagles didn't want to pay him.

Jackson cleared the vacation before he got signed. If Gruden thought it was a problem, he could have said no. Therefore it's not a problem. WTF don't you understand about that?
      What dont you understand that Jackson should be there with his new team and coaches to squash the stigma that he's a me guy?

Comment

How do you get by now that your unemployment has expired? Are they paying people to argue on street corners these days?
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          How do you get by now that your unemployment has expired? Are they paying people to argue on street corners these days?
          Did I hit a nerve there? I wasn't personally attacking you.

You were likening your job-change situation to Jackson's so I figured there was more to it than the fact that you asked to start a week later.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Because that wouldn't be the case

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
            What dont you understand that Jackson should be there with his new team and coaches to squash the stigma that he's a me guy?
            Now you're the one being naive. Him showing up to OTA's isn't going to magically erase the stigma that he has, and the people (like yourself) who see him as nothing but a diva, will always see him as nothing but a diva. It's just like with Vick. Even though he served his time and completely turned his life around and championed against the same thing that got him put in prison, to a large part of society, he's still the guy that killed the dogs. That's the way our society works.
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
              and I would expect them to talk to DeSean like men when he shows up. My feeling is that the majority of those guys know what DeSean can do, and are more than willing to let slide the fact that he's missing a couple days of OTA's. Like I said to SE, if this was training camp, I'd be right there with you guys.
              Promoting Jackson to get a little leeway? After toeing the line for so long he does deserve a little break.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

Now you're the one being naive. Him showing up to OTA's isn't going to magically erase the stigma that he has, and the people (like yourself) who see him as nothing but a diva, will always see him as nothing but a diva. It's just like with Vick. Even though he served his time and completely turned his life around and championed against the same thing that got him put in prison, to a large part of society, he's still the guy that killed the dogs. That's the way our society works.
                Showing up at OTA's wouldn't have made the stigma worse.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

I'm perfectly aware of whether or not he does or doesn't have to be there.
                  Just can't agree with you on this one EIO. New team, new coach, big new contract, and a bunch of unsubstantiated rumours about him not being a team guy. This guy could have shut everyone up and made the Eagles look worse then they already do by not going on the vacation. Show that he is all in for this team. Send the rest of your friends that were going and foot the bill, but make a statement to your new team and coach and show up for these voluntary workouts.
                  Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Not quite what?

Anyway this is pointless. Washington let him miss the beginning of their OTAs without apparent complaint. If it's a problem, it's their problem. Personally I think it's meaningless but interesting to see so many Eagle fans invested in it.

Comment

That's cool

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
                      Just can't agree with you on this one EIO. New team, new coach, big new contract, and a bunch of unsubstantiated rumours about him not being a team guy. This guy could have shut everyone up and made the Eagles look worse then they already do by not going on the vacation. Show that he is all in for this team. Send the rest of your friends that were going and foot the bill, but make a statement to your new team and coach and show up for these voluntary workouts.
                      We can agree to disagree. I just don't think it's that serious, and if he shows up and balls out for washington, then anyone who had an issue with this will forget about it quickly.
                      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

if he shows up and balls out for washington
                        So far he hasn't. Hopefully that's indicative of his future behavior with them.
                        --
                        Your Retarded

Comment

True enough. I guess most of us are still trying to justify the FO's move here because they aren't giving us a reason for cutting their best WR.
                          Last edited by KenfromCanada; 04-08-2014, 01:14 PM.
                          Canada is like a really nice apartment over a meth lab.

Robin Williams

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                            I figured there was more to it than the fact that you asked to start a week later.
                            Which was as weak as all your logic here.

Washington approved the vacation. Maybe they wanted to give him some time to clear his head. Maybe they thought being lenient would payoff in the long run. He's their player now. We'll see how it works out.

Comment

I think you're on to something, my friend

Originally posted by KenfromCanada View Post
                              Try enough. I guess most of us are still trying to justify the FO's move here because they aren't giving us a reason for cutting their best WR.
                              Those of us who still want to know why he's gone, and those who are trying to find every possible bad thing about him to somewhat justify his release.

Comment

I hated Vick when he came to the Eagles, but he earned my respect along with a lot of other fans when he showed me he was no longer the same old Michael Vick. The Michael Vick that would be the last one to get to practice and be the first one to leave. The Vick that didnt think it was important to work on his game because he felt he could rely on his God given talent. The Michael Vick who was not a leader in the locker room. Vick deserves alot of credit for the way he turned his life around. Maybe someday when Jackson grows up he will do the same thing. Hopefully it doesn't take a stint in prison for him to finally get it.

Comment

Working...
                                X