No announcement yet.

This Phillies Team Is An Abortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't disagree ... and it doesn't completely excuse him, but many forget that he created some of the current problems when he went hard after another ring.

Which I agreed with at the time.
    Last edited by slag; 04-10-2014, 08:59 AM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
      Jeeze Louise, at least wait until the end of April to jump off the bandwagon!

This team looks like the 1927 Yankees compared to some of the sorry ass Phillies' teams I've seen over the decades -- they're 2 games under .500, not 34!! They play 162 freakin' games -- you're telling me you HONESTLY believe 8 GAMES is enough to hit the silks? I don't think so!!
      They're not good enough to win anything. Their bullpen is historically bad. Their key players are over-the-hill and have all seen their numbers drop year after year. Their farm system has been destroyed (position player wise) by all the trades Amaro has made.

It may be early, but there's no hope for this year's squad.

Comment

The fact that he got nothing for the Lee trade didn't help either. Shit, he gets nothing back when he makes any trade. The guy has this payroll and he's not making the playoffs again. He needs to go.

Comment

Kelly Green

Originally posted by Kelly Green View Post
          ...yeah, that's about right for Ant to join the rats bailing. despite the fact there's six months left in the season.
          Always timid in April. Remember when he refused to get on the bandwagon in April of 08?

http://www.igglephans.com/iggboard/s...il#post1252349

They Got Off To A Good Start -- NOW...
          ...we'll get to see whether these games in April mean any more than games in May, June, July, August, September and October.

The "If only they had won those games in April" crowd got their wish.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
              Always timid in April. Remember when he refused to get on the bandwagon in April of 08?

http://www.igglephans.com/iggboard/s...il#post1252349
              Jut, let's forget Ant right now and answer this question:

What do you see on the field that gives you any indication that this can even be an above .500 team?

Comment

I like this opinion. I will use it as my own if this topic ever comes up in conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                  Jut, let's forget Ant right now and answer this question:

What do you see on the field that gives you any indication that this can even be an above .500 team?
                  IF everything goes right?

The Pen is abysmal, so every starter needs to go 7. If they can do that, hit well and field well, they could be above .500.

This is all highly unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                  X