I didn't know the Eagles actually made an offer for Jordan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
    When's the last time a 6th round pick made the team?
    Jason Kelce
    "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
      Pretty minor things to harp on and declare the guy a joke when it comes to trades.
      Three examples were given: One bad trade based on value of return. One bad offer. one failure to deal an unwanted pro bowler = Howie needs to improve his negotiating skills.
      Last edited by J_Cuz31; 04-11-2014, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
        Jason Kelce
        Touche. Thought he was a 5th.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

One bad offer.
          would you move graham and a pick for Jordan?

Comment

No way in hell

should Howie give up a second round pick for that dude. They just drafted the guy 3rd overall last year, and they're already trying to trade him ? The Eagles should have all of the leverage.
            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Jason Kelce
              So the guy that you are complaining about (Roseman) drafted a Starter in the 6th Rd. Roseman has put together 2 very impressive drafts since he's taken over the role of GM.

Comment

Surprised to see quite a few people share this same opinion---I agree about leverage, that's why you offer a 2nd instead of a 1st. If the Eagles covet this guy like its been rumored(supposedly they were prepared to take him instead of Lane Johnson) then I don't think a 2nd is too much. If you were told that in the 2nd round of the draft the Eagles could pick up an OLB with the potential to be a major force on D, wouldn't you like that pick?

Comment

Originally posted by Regal View Post
                  No interest in trading our first or second for him. He has a bum shoulder.
                  Me neither...gross.

Comment

I see what you're saying

Surprised to see quite a few people share this same opinion---I agree about leverage, that's why you offer a 2nd instead of a 1st. If the Eagles covet this guy like its been rumored(supposedly they were prepared to take him instead of Lane Johnson) then I don't think a 2nd is too much. If you were told that in the 2nd round of the draft the Eagles could pick up an OLB with the potential to be a major force on D, wouldn't you like that pick?
                    The one thing that I would lean on is that obviously, Chip Kelly knows how to use him, since he put him in the position to be the third pick in the draft. The guy is scary fast, but a second round pick might be just a bit high of an asking price to me. I wouldn't be mad if they gave up the pick, provided that their first round pick goes to safety or receiver.
                    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                      The one thing that I would lean on is that obviously, Chip Kelly knows how to use him, since he put him in the position to be the third pick in the draft. The guy is scary fast, but a second round pick might be just a bit high of an asking price to me. I wouldn't be mad if they gave up the pick, provided that their first round pick goes to safety or receiver.
                      I think this is the logic you apply to the trade. If this were last year and they traded Graham and the 2014 second to the Dolphins for the 3rd overall pick (or whoever had it first...whatever), the bored would have exploded.

Once we get to a first though, I'm not sure it's worth it. The real issue might be the dolphins dead money ($10 mil) in a trade versus a trade after draft day, lets them split it up over 2 years.
                      Last edited by JuTMSY4; 04-11-2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                        So the guy that you are complaining about (Roseman) drafted a Starter in the 6th Rd. Roseman has put together 2 very impressive drafts since he's taken over the role of GM.
                        Kelce was drafted in 2011. That was clearly the draft he was not responsible for in any way, shape or form, according to him, his boss, his former boss and the former coach of this team. If you believe Lurie's mythology, back in 2011 Little Howie still had his shine box.

Either way, I'm not talking about how this team has drafted. they've done OK in the draft. Not poor, not great, just good enough. But the trading is a joke.
                        Last edited by J_Cuz31; 04-11-2014, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Kelce was drafted in 2011. That was clearly the draft he was not responsible for in any way, shape or form, according to him, his boss, his former boss and the former coach of this team. If you believe Lurie's mythology, back in 2011 Little Howie still had his shine box.

Either way, I'm not talking about how this team has drafted. they've done OK in the draft. Not poor, not great, just good enough. But the trading is a joke.
                          I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, but the trades they've done recently have been pretty insignificant. I think DeMeco Ryans was the highest profile trade in recent history and it was, what, a 4th and swapping 3rds?

I don't really see the outrage with the Sopoaga trade. If you look at the Kolb/McNabb trades, the Eagles fleeced their trading partners and then shit the bed in the draft. If I had to pick whether to bitch about drafting or trading in the last 5 years, I'm bitching about drafting all day.
                          Last edited by Melchior; 04-11-2014, 02:33 PM.
                          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                            I don't really see the outrage with the Sopoaga trade.
                            I'm not outraged. I'm just calling it like I see it because I think trading two for one is not something professional teams should do too often and Howie LOVES to give up more than he gets.

It's the Von Hayes rule and all GMs should be forced to fucking STUDY that trade and the horrific ramifications the Phillies suffered by giving away more than they got for that dude.

Comment

Working...
                            X