Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any Foreskinners outraged by the R-word?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any Foreskinners outraged by the R-word?

seriously...I've never met one who didn't defended the name or claimed to "not care one way or the other."
    Last edited by Irish George; 05-01-2014, 01:11 PM.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

I have a good friend who's a Foreskin fan

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
    seriously...I've never met one who either defended the name or claimed to "not care one way or the other."
    He's in with the "I've never heard any complaints until now" crowd. Delusional.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

if you "dont care one way or the other"

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
      He's in with the "I've never heard any complaints until now" crowd. Delusional.
      you are basically OK with offending Native Americans.
      Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
      May 7, 2010

Comment

Does the average joe care about offending Native Americans?

Really does he really care? I mean if the average guy really did then the USA probably wouldn't have exterminated 99% of the native population. I for one do not know any indians so i merely want them to get rid of the name cause its the rival Washington DC team.

Comment

Just curious...has anyone in the last 40 years heard someone use the "R-skin" term in a derogatory manner towards someone else?

I can't think of any in my 35 years of existence.

Comment

Originally posted by TROGDOR View Post
            Just curious...has anyone in the last 40 years heard someone use the "R-skin" term in a derogatory manner towards someone else?

I feel like the Washington Franchise has pretty much eclipsed the original meaning. I've actually known some guys who lived in the midwest and heard them use anti-Native American slurs. However, if someone joined in the conversation and referred to the 'redskins,' the same guys would probably be like, "What's this got to do with football?"

As to the original post, I work with one guy who's a Foreskinner and his position is, "It's 2014....it's time to get with the times." However, he also teaches english to underprivileged kids of color, so as far as bleeding-heart social consciousness goes, he's probably an outlier in that particular group.

Comment

Nope.

Comment

That's because...

They were exterminated.
                The Eagles are boneheads. This is one of the top 10 biggest bonehead trades in the history of the NFL. - Chris Cooley 9/15/2010

Comment

Originally posted by muggz View Post
                  They were exterminated.

Exactly. They represent only 1% of the U.S. population, but even if they were 0%, its still a racist term.

If I say "I hate wetbacks" in a house full of non-Hispanics, its still racist.
                  500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

So?

You probably don't hear the term "spook" that often either, but you still don't see too many billion dollar sports teams rocking that name.
                    "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Oh, come on.... They "hail" the redskins--that makes it OK. If the song was "Hail to the Wetbacks", I'm sure no one would be offended, either.
                      WELCOME TO THE PHILA. SPORTS FANISM. WIN, WE LOVE YA, LOSE,WE LOVE YA, BUT YOU'RE A DICK FOR LOSING.
                      - DEERSPINE GUY

The classic Philly sports fan mindset. It's not right or wrong - it is what it is. Both a shame and a mantle of pride. Love and hate in constant turmoil.
                      - Susquehanna Birder

Comment

I think the point I was trying to make was context is extremely important.

A word is just a word until someone makes it not just a word. (that's deep, i know)

Of course saying "I hate wetbacks" is racist no matter what. But you are giving it context there.

Louis CK has a small bit about ethnic slurs, and the one is funny and spot on. Jew is the only word where it's the normal way to refer to a group of people and the same word is used as the slur if you put just a little stank on it.

Comment

Jew is the only word where it's the normal way to refer to a group of people and the same word is used as the slur if you put just a little stank on it.

I actually feel uncomfortable saying that word. I say "people who follow the Jewish religion." But in my crazy mind, I actually believe that there is a difference between "nigger" and "nigga". You can say "3I whats poppin my nigga?" and its no problem. If you say "3I whats happening nigger", thats your ass.
                          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Reverse racism !!!!!!

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
                            I actually feel uncomfortable saying that word. I say "people who follow the Jewish religion." But in my crazy mind, I actually believe that there is a difference between "nigger" and "nigga". You can say "3I whats poppin my nigga?" and its no problem. If you say "3I whats happening nigger", thats your ass.
                            nm
                            The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                              nm

My hypocrisy has no limits!!

Comment

Working...
                              X