Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TO would have loved playing for/getting thrown off the team for Chip

Comment

Could have been any team. Could have been a contract renegotiation involved. No question the draft changes teams priorities.

Eagles should have waited till after the draft. No downside.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

As far as Cleveland is concerned

To my knowledge, the NFL doesn't tell every other team when a player is facing a drug suspension, so I'm not sure how the Eagles could have known that Gordon was going to be out for the year.
        The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

People around here wer wondering why they hadn't cut Greg Little

Originally posted by slag View Post
          Where the hell is there one iota of traction for this idea that Cleveland was so desperate they would have taken a 30 million Jackson contract?

Is this the same team that was so desperate they didn't draft one fucking receiver?

Is this the desperate team that had to know that they had a problem with Gordon before the draft ... so they traded Sammy fucking Watkins away?

That Cleveland?
          now we know.
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Where the hell is there one iota of traction for this idea that Cleveland was so desperate they would have taken a 30 million Jackson contract?

Is this the same team that was so desperate they didn't draft one fucking receiver?

Is this the desperate team that had to know that they had a problem with Gordon before the draft ... so they traded Sammy fucking Watkins away?

That Cleveland?
            They weren't desperate when Watkins was drafted. and that 30 million is almost irrelevant relative to the cap hit - they were empty dollars. I'm just not convinced that that salary is high enough to make 32 teams go "no thanks" on a gamechanging receiver. Especially when the foreskinners paid 8.5 mil per, with significant guarantees.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
              They weren't desperate when Watkins was drafted. and that 30 million is almost irrelevant relative to the cap hit - they were empty dollars. I'm just not convinced that that salary is high enough to make 32 teams go "no thanks" on a gamechanging receiver. Especially when the foreskinners paid 8.5 mil per, with significant guarantees.
              from what i found out...ownership knew about two weeks before the draft occurred but for legal issues they couldn't inform the team or media. something dumb like that. i don't know if accurate or not.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I was talking about Cleveland ... which is being used as support for the position about waiting because of Gordon ... which is bullshit.

But it you insist, I have no problem with losing the media shitstorm in return for dumping the extremely remote chance someone would be stupid enough to trade for 30 million dollars on their cap for 3 years.
                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

No sale on the media shitstorm. There created a bigger one when by cutting him. And Riley Cooper was a shit tsunami. There always is one. The front office is used to that.

You make it clear to Jackson he's getting cut and let him try to negotiate something. Wait till the draft to see who doesn't get what they need. Maybe at least you get him out of the division. Even if the odds are you get nothing, there is no good reason not to give it a shot.

Comes down to Kelly being a pisshead.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Comes down to you looking for a reason to piss on something,

It was clear they weren't keeping him and nobody was taking that fucking contract.

Let the shit hit the fan and get it over with asap is fine with me.
                    Last edited by slag; 05-14-2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Come on ... Gordon was one misstep from see-ya-ville before he was suspended.

If they weren't going to hedge that bet with Watkins what makes you think they were going to do it with 30 mil on the cap after he was gone and they didn't draft one receiver?

Comment

It was ALL cap hit

Comment

This is the type of personnel/HR issue that maybe you handle differently if you don't have a cushy big time D1 job waiting for you if it all goes to shit.

Comment

I think you're misuderstanding me

Come on ... Gordon was one misstep from see-ya-ville before he was suspended.

If they weren't going to hedge that bet with Watkins what makes you think they were going to do it with 30 mil on the cap after he was gone and they didn't draft one receiver?
                            My point of the post you're replying to is that unless someone leaked it to them, which is highly unlikely, there's no way that the Eagles FO could have known that Josh Gordon was going to be suspended, which is why they didn't hold on to DeSean and then contact Cleveland about trading for him.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                              The Browns knew for two weeks before the draft that Gordon was facing a suspension.
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                                Instead DJax should have said he'd fight every receivers coach there. Then he would gotten counseling and a new contract.

Anyway, I've said before I thought it was the Bicknell thing. No surprise.
                                That's a nice false equivalency.

It would be more valid if Cooper yelled slurs at co-workers or Jackson yelled slurs at a security guard at a concert.
                                --
                                Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                                X