Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like what i say stops others from posting about Cooper

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
    Not what I meant. You're allowed to bring up Cooper, but others can't. That's flipping the rules. When I said flipping the narrative, I didn't mean you change your stance. I just mean that you're allowed to take the convo to places that others who don't share your opinion are not allowed to take it. You're allowed to discredit what DeSean did but others can't discredit what Cooper did.

That's my only beef.

On the subject of Cooper/DeSean, I'd like to think I have much more credibility than you. I look at both of them subjectively. Neither has ever been or ever will be my favorite Eagle. I look at what they have done on the field (in their careers, not in one season) and the skill sets they each possess and base my opinion on that. You…do not.
    I was just messing around with Greenstealth when i said that anyways, i don't care if people talk about Coop. He proved the haters wrong last year and he will do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by weizer View Post
      I was just messing around with Greenstealth when i said that anyways, i don't care if people talk about Coop. He proved the haters wrong last year and he will do it again.
      At the end of the day, I hope you're right. That would be good for the Eagles and it could be Cooper, DeSean, Jerry Rice or Kelly Green at WR, I could care less as long as the Eagles win.

Comment

Stop ... he was a dead man walking.

EDITED TO ADD: My recollection is that after he tweeted that shit about the lovefest he had with Kelly, Kelly was interviewed at the owners' meetings saying they were going to do what was good for the Eagles, which led to a rash of Jackson-Is-Gone stories.
        Last edited by slag; 05-15-2014, 03:24 PM.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
          Stop ... he was a dead man walking.

EDITED TO ADD: My recollection is that after he tweeted that shit about the lovefest he had with Kelly, Kelly was interviewed at the owners' meetings saying they were going to do what was good for the Eagles, which led to a rash of Jackson-Is-Gone stories.
          You want to create as much uncertainty for other teams and throw up as much of a smokescreen as possible during the draft.

Keeping Jackson until after the draft would have cost the Eagles nothing and would have increased the uncertainty for other teams.

By releasing Jackson when they did they made it a lot more certain for other teams that WR was going to be a major priority for the Eagles.

Also, as a result the foreskins didn't need to put a priority on WR because they knew they had added Jackson going into the draft. Again, less uncertainty for them.

Poorly played by the front office. VERY poorly played.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Ah ... people would have been bitching about how fucked up it was to use Jackson as a pawn if that shit went down ... like they did when Trotter was left twisting in the wind.

Ironic actually ... FO takes shit when they do the "right" thing by the player ... and take shit when they do the "wrong" thing ... with both ending up on the Foreskins.

Comment

FWIW

Originally posted by JDuggernaut View Post
              Only Desean Jackson can play his way out of a job in a 195 yard effort. Guess that sums him up in a nutshell
              That 195 effort came in a blow out, can u say soft coverage and empty stats?
              The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                Ah ... people would have been bitching about how fucked up it was to use Jackson as a pawn if that shit went down ... like they did when Trotter was left twisting in the wind.

Ironic actually ... FO takes shit when they do the "right" thing by the player ... and take shit when they do the "wrong" thing ... with both ending up on the Foreskins.
                Whether or not people "would have been bitching" about keeping Jackson through the draft, it still doesn't change that the Eagles poorly played the Jackson situation.
                --------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Bingo.

Comment

Not if they did it because they were convinced there was no trade to be had and they were not going to fuck Jackson's chances. And you do not know if Kelly was lying when he said that's what they did or not.

You can't have it both ways.

You either want them to be cut throat or you want them to consider that players are not just meat.

Comment

Howie's job is to do what's best for the team. The contact was hefty but he jumped the gun releasing Jackson. Things change frequently in the nfl and releasing him when they did only lightened Howies work load and put money back in Jeffies pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                        No sale on the media shitstorm. There created a bigger one when by cutting him. And Riley Cooper was a shit tsunami. There always is one. The front office is used to that.

You make it clear to Jackson he's getting cut and let him try to negotiate something. Wait till the draft to see who doesn't get what they need. Maybe at least you get him out of the division. Even if the odds are you get nothing, there is no good reason not to give it a shot.

Comes down to Kelly being a pisshead.
                        Thing is, Jackson has no incentive to restructure in that scenario. If he knows you're going to cut him, he just has to be difficult about renegotiating so he gets cut.

It's almost assuredly better for him to hit the open market.

Look, they tried to trade him. Maybe they aimed too high. But I think every team felt certain the Eagles wanted him gone and were willing to wait for him to be cut.

I guess they could have held on to him longer before cutting him lose, but it would've been a pain in the ass for likely little return. Cooper was also a shitstorm, but at least at the time there were practices and players to interview who said "that's not the Riley I know" and shit like that.

-AE

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                          That 195 effort came in a blow out, can u say soft coverage and empty stats?
                          Yeah. But it fits the narrative better if you sweep that fact under the rug

Comment

Working...
                          X