I want Parker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want Parker

not Wiggins. Have seen them both several times and I just think Parker has more guts and basketball smarts and Wiggins has more raw talent. I always want to go with the guy who seems to be the harder worker, at least based on what I have seen.

Both of them came up kind of small in the tournament.

I'm predicting the Sixers get the #2 pick. The question is..who does Milwaukee (or much less likely some other team) take at #1.

Now if the Sixers fall below #2, I think their strategy of tanking will be a failure.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

I think 1-3 will be considered a successful tank job, because I think Parker, Wiggins and Embiid all could be franchise changers while 4 or 5 wouldn't be ideal, but Randle or Exum are still gonna be players.

Best case scenario is #1 and #10. Worst case is #5 and no Pelicans pick. Most likely scenario is #4 and #10.

The Negadelphian in me is fully expecting the lottery to shake out like this:
    #1- Celtics
    #2- Lakers
    #3- Pelicans
    #4- Bucks
    #5- Sixers

Comment

what?

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
      I think 1-3 will be considered a successful tank job, because I think Parker, Wiggins and Embiid all could be franchise changers while 4 or 5 wouldn't be ideal, but Randle or Exum are still gonna be players.

Best case scenario is #1 and #10. Worst case is #5 and no Pelicans pick. Most likely scenario is #4 and #10.

The Negadelphian in me is fully expecting the lottery to shake out like this:
      #1- Celtics
      #2- Lakers
      #3- Pelicans
      #4- Bucks
      #5- Sixers
      no knicks?

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
        no knicks?
        Put it this way. I expect two of the three (NYK, BOS, LAL) to be #1 and #2 and for New Orleans to keep their pick by getting #3.

Comment

never heard of him

Comment

I

Want

WINNERS

http://youtu.be/iWuUGG_Ujf8
            Last edited by Ellsworth; 05-19-2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Knicks don't have a pick this year. I think it went to the Nuggets.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                Knicks don't have a pick this year. I think it went to the Nuggets.
                Now that you say that, that sounds familiar. They've done a real good job of building a non-competitive, high payroll team with no real hope for the future.

Side note: any coach that takes that job is nuts. Dolan is a nightmare. The team stinks. Phil Jackson hovering over everything with the constant threat of him firing you and taking over when he feels like it. No thank you.

Comment

Parker reminds me of Melo. I think great players play defense. Decent defense at the very least. That's why I prefer Wiggins. He plays defense.

Comment

For the record, this is the most important day for Philly fans this year. If they move the wrong direction down the draft board, this becomes a 3-sport city.

Comment

If they move the wrong direction down the draft board, this remains a 3-sport city.
                      ftfy

Comment

Parker reminds me of Melo. I think great players play defense. Decent defense at the very least. That's why I prefer Wiggins. He plays defense.
                        Parker 100% is a Melo style player. That being said, a Melo style player can still change a franchise if the team around him plays D. Noel in the paint and MCW on the perimeter is a good defensive start.

I want Wiggins first, but Parker's defensive deficiencies (or lack of caring about D) aren't enough to overlook his elite offensive game, IMO.

Comment

For the record, this is the most important day for Philly fans this year. If they move the wrong direction down the draft board, this becomes a 3-sport city.
                          Agreed.

If they do fall down the board, I can't wait to hear holier than thou Bill Simmons talk all about how it's only fair. Meanwhile, that hack's beloved Celtics tanked this year, just not as effectively as Philly. If the records were reversed he'd write 20 articles a day about how smart Ainge is and how Boston is changing the way good teams are built.

Comment

Great players can create their own shots. That's why great players are hard to find. Its why Anthony is still considered a rare talent. From what ive seen wiggins will never be able to do this. Parker is very adept at creating his own shot. Its not like wiggins is ben wallace in his own end. Wiggins passable defense is no reason to select him over parker.
                            "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

17.1 points a game his freshman year shows enough potential for me. There's a reason he's projected to go #1. It's not just his defense.

A player that doesn't realize the importance of playing defense never does it for me. Parker is not a bad consolation prize but I want the player with the biggest upside.

Comment

Working...
                              X