No announcement yet.

I want Parker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sixers would surpass two other irrelevant teams in this city very quickly with the #1 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
      17.1 points a game his freshman year shows enough potential for me. There's a reason he's projected to go #1. It's not just his defense.

A player that doesn't realize the importance of playing defense never does it for me. Parker is not a bad consolation prize but I want the player with the biggest upside.
      Parker defense is fine. You can point to Wiggins numbers all you like. Two things about that tho. One, he travels ALL THE TIME. it was something he got away with sometimes but will not get away with in the pros. You remove that from his game and he is strictly an off the ball small fwd in the mold of Shawn Marion. Second, Parker stats dwarf wiggins stats in almost every facet of the game including defense. So why is one players stats easy to ignore but the other guys lesser statistical accomplishments proof of future success?
      "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

You're saying they call traveling more in the NBA? That's just not true.

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
          Second, Parker stats dwarf wiggins stats in almost every facet of the game including defense. So why is one players stats easy to ignore but the other guys lesser statistical accomplishments proof of future success?
          Parker- 19.1 PPG, 47.3 FG%, 35.8 3PT FG %
          Wiggins- 17.1 PPG, 44.8 FG%, 34.1 3PT FG %

I like them both, but to say Parker's stats "dwarf" Wiggins is incorrect. Parker came in to college the more developed offensive player and still only averaged slightly better numbers than Wiggins.

As far as defense, the athleticism that Wiggins possess makes him an ideal candidate for an elite perimeter defender. Parker just doesn't have that kind of athleticism. That's not to say Wiggins is guaranteed to develop into a lockdown defender like Kobe in his prime, and that's not to say that Parker will be the worst defender in the league…Wiggins just has a better shot (on athleticism alone) at become a defensive star.
          Last edited by Sect 236; 05-19-2014, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
            not Wiggins. Have seen them both several times and I just think Parker has more guts and basketball smarts and Wiggins has more raw talent. I always want to go with the guy who seems to be the harder worker, at least based on what I have seen.

Both of them came up kind of small in the tournament.

I'm predicting the Sixers get the #2 pick. The question is..who does Milwaukee (or much less likely some other team) take at #1.

Now if the Sixers fall below #2, I think their strategy of tanking will be a failure.
            Only problem I have with Wiggins is that he doesn't quite dominate at the rim like you'd expect. Great ability to get to it and get back up if he misses, but I didn't quite see the authority I'd want.

This guy's analysis is pretty interesting:
            http://deanondraft.com/2014/02/14/an...ordinary-body/

I like Brett Brown and I think he'd do a great job developing Wiggins, which is why I prefer him. I'd be perfectly happy with Parker, though. As long as they're in the top 3, I think they'll be fine...I think Wiggins and Embiid will be the first two picked. If they're picking third and both Wiggins and Parker are off the board, things will get interesting. Do they think Embiid or Exum can play along with what they've already got? Do they got best available regardless of what's already on the roster?

-AE

Comment

No they wouldn't

The Sixers couldn't even sell out playoff games when Dr. J was on the team.

Maybe they'd get a few more fannies in the seats, but that's about it.
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

The best player in the NBA travels more than anyone. If you only see stats, than McDermott should be Top 3. I brought up Wiggins stats because for some odd reason you think Wiggins can 'never create his own shot'. There's a reason most have Wiggins ahead of Parker including Hinkie. I'll take my chances with the majority.

Comment

How many Flyers posts were on here during the playoffs this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                    You're saying they call traveling more in the NBA?
                    OK. Let me clarify that for people who haven't seen Wiggins play that much. When Wiggins takes his first step he shuffles his pivot foot. It seems like he does this because it gives him space for his step back jumper but it's a blatant travel. It gets called quite often but it also is allowed fairly often because he does this about ten times a game.

Now, I know about the fact that NBA officials allow traveling in the sense that player's carry the ball fairly often and the NBA is liberal with crossover dribbling and the hop step move when players drive to the basket. I concede that point. But I find it hard to believe that the NBA will, all of a sudden, allow one guy to routinely studder step his pivot foot just because they are lenient about these other things. And the thing about that studder step move is that it creates space for the step back jumper. If you eliminate the immensely illegal studder step then Wiggins can't cloak his step back jumper. Now he is strictly and off-the-ball perimeter player which is what I expect him to be at the next level.

Comment

By all means.

This board is a microcosm of the TriState area and how sports are viewed and supported.

But don't let the fact I mentioned get in the way of your dumbassed statement.
                      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

As a Stepford, you should know that I'm not going to argue about this with you coo coo birds. It's like Vincent Lecavalier in the majority of the playoff games this year, it's pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                          I brought up Wiggins stats because for some odd reason you think Wiggins can 'never create his own shot'. There's a reason most have Wiggins ahead of Parker including Hinkie. I'll take my chances with the majority.
                          First, you still refuse to mention anything in his game that suggests he can create his own shot outside of your beloved stats. This is because he really can't do it without traveling. That is a fact supported by game tape. I know this because I watch a lot of Kansas basketball (I know for you actually watching a guy first hand is an odd reason to think he can't do something.)

I understand he has decent stats but, game-for-game they really weren't that impressive. He had one dominant 41-point outburst against West Virginia (in a weird game where a miserable West Virginia team jumped out to a big lead over Kansas and Kansas then woke up and decided to blow them out) but other than that his numbers really weren't better than Wayne Selden's most of the time.

I didn't watch Parker play as much but from what I saw he is very productive with the basketball in his hands and that is usually the talent which suggests success at the next level.

Lastly, can you reference where you saw that Hinkie has Wiggins rated over Parker? I believe this is just another instance of you talking out your ass but if not I'd like to see where you got that.

Comment

Been a basketball fan longer than a hockey fan.

Of course you don't address the fact about non-sellouts in playoff games when the Sixers had perhaps their best team of all time.

Then, you don't deal in facts often.

Sixers will always be at best number 3 in the city.

Comment

I've watched him just as much as you have, and neither of us is an expert. Even the experts can't agree on how good Wiggins will or won't be.

I like Wiggins more than Parker because Wiggins' weaknesses are all teachable. The otherworldly athleticism he has is not something that can be taught and if refines his game (which a 19 year old kid probably will do) he will be a better all around player than Parker.

Parker is a great consolation, but Andrew Wiggins is without a doubt the top prize.

"Struggles to create his own shot. Not the purest shooter. Doesn't have a great handle yet. Good vision and a great facilitator for a SF."

That was the scouting report on Paul George coming out. Sounds a lot like Wiggins.
                              Last edited by Sect 236; 05-19-2014, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                                That was the scouting report on Paul George coming out. Sounds a lot like Wiggins.
                                Yeah, Paul George was the exception, not the rule. Most players with those deficiencies pan out as role players in the show.

You could also say the same thing about Parker cause I remember pundits calling Karl Malone and Charles Barkley consolation prizes because allegedly they"didn't have an NBA body, played below the rim and had limited upside."

All things considered you go with the better basketball player and here there is no doubt and no question that Jabari Parker is a better basketball player than Andrew Wiggins.

Comment

Working...
                                X