No announcement yet.

Remote Control Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You arguing that Chip using a remote control car will shorten a player's career is almost as bad as when KG tried to tell us how running is bad for you.

You're being dumb for the sake of being a contrarian. Stop being dumb and stop acting like you HAVE to be the contrarian. The board won't suffer if you don't disagree with everything.

I'm fairly certain that Trent Cole (a 31-year old vet) has no problems with this happening. Nevermind the fact that Chip is using the remote control car during ROOKIE WORKOUTS and no grizzled vets are even in the building for it. If you took your head out of your own ass and stopped ignoring all reason and facts just to be different, you'd realize your argument is fundamentally flawed.

Our coach is doing new things to get his rookies up to speed quicker than the rest of the NFL. That is something we should be happy about, not arguing. I'm sure if Belicheat did this, and we were busting his ass, you'd be the "voice of reason" telling us how smart he is and how we're wrong for not seeing the genius in his plan, because, you know, you gotta be different than the rest of the pack.
    Last edited by Sect 236; 05-20-2014, 05:17 PM.

Comment

HAHAH!

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
      The resident idiot weighs in again.

Nothing downtrodden about it. Pure capitalism only. The players negotiated these rules in order to extend careers, which could translate into several million dollars if they manage to get a couple more years of playing time before hanging them up.

A 23 year old kid doesn't know any better yet. A 32 year old veteran does, however.
      Completely clueless per usual. Your ignorance is truly astounding, I'll give you that!
      "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Nothing downtrodden about it. Pure capitalism only. The players negotiated these rules in order to extend careers, which could translate into several million dollars if they manage to get a couple more years of playing time before hanging them up.
        If an Eagles rookie trips over Chip Kelly's remote control car, snaps his femur and ends his career before it begins, then....and only then...will this argument have any relevance whatsoever.

Comment

The players worked hard for certain terms and conditions of the work year. Let's celebrate our coach circumventing rules the players fought for. Ever consider there's a reason that only strength and conditioning coaches are allowed on the field at this time of year?
          Wow. This is rich. Maybe we should stop watching football altogether since the players fought for and lost billions, rather than line the pockets of the billionaire owners who circumvented the union's efforts

Comment

Demaurice Smith is exponentially more intelligent than your pathetic ass. He was voted in unanimously by the player reps. 100 percent. He represents their interests. So hell yes, the players care about these rules.
            How do you know my ass is pathetic ? I can sit on a bowl of ice cream and tell you what flavor it is. Top that.
            When you view the world by looking down your nose at it, it really skews your vision of reality.

Guess what ?

You're a just another dime -a-dozen douchebag who is easily rattled.
            Just check your over-the- top meltdown in this thread for proof

PS - I've had farts that are more complex than you...

Comment

You have to cut the poor guy some slack

Ref always has and always will live in a fantasy land that has no basis in reality, other than his job which is, appropriately enough, in the fantasy land of Hollywood. It's no wonder he knows nothing about how the real world works - how could he??
              "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Ewwwww!!! This is getting uglier than a Blair vs Jo fight on facts of life!

Comment

The only thing PW has to cut that guy

is a complex fart.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

One players opinion

Here's Tony Boselli commenting on the pain pills and lawsuits

Boselli says he took painkillers when he was a player, and that was a choice that he made, knowing the risks associated with using painkillers but also knowing the huge rewards of being a millionaire professional athlete.

I’m not saying the NFL has no responsibility,” he said. “But I would put most of the responsibility on the players ourselves – because we chose to play the game. We knew the risk. We chose to take pain pills. I took pain pills. I took Toradol. I did those things. No one made me do them. I wanted to be on the field. Was there pressure to be on the field? Sure, it’s a job – just like the guy who’s waking up this morning, there’s pressure to go perform at his job so he can provide for his family. The biggest difference is we were compensated in a very nice way.”

Comment

Boselli's thought process

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
                      Here's Tony Boselli commenting on the pain pills and lawsuits

Boselli says he took painkillers when he was a player, and that was a choice that he made, knowing the risks associated with using painkillers but also knowing the huge rewards of being a millionaire professional athlete.

I’m not saying the NFL has no responsibility,” he said. “But I would put most of the responsibility on the players ourselves – because we chose to play the game. We knew the risk. We chose to take pain pills. I took pain pills. I took Toradol. I did those things. No one made me do them. I wanted to be on the field. Was there pressure to be on the field? Sure, it’s a job – just like the guy who’s waking up this morning, there’s pressure to go perform at his job so he can provide for his family. The biggest difference is we were compensated in a very nice way.”
                      Clearly not valid because the NFL's capitalist system that made Boselli's brain hurt, wait...what?

Comment

What is the advantage from the remote control car?
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                          What is the advantage from the remote control car?
                          Coaching staff gets to see how a player moves/changes directions. When a strength coach is doing it, it's a strength coach doing it, when the coaching staff is doing it with a remote control car, they can make the decision/test the player as they want as opposed to relaying a message to a weightlifter and hoping he acts/adjusts/tests the player accordingly.

Comment

I think if DMac would of had CK for a coach he would have been a much better QB, I can see the dog toys being mixed with low level flying drones that would trigger his shock collar every time he threw a worm burner!

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                              You arguing that Chip using a remote control car will shorten a player's career...
                              If this is what you took out of my post, then god bless your precious little brain.

I feel sorry for you.
                              Last edited by The Ref; 05-26-2014, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                                Clearly not valid because the NFL's capitalist system that made Boselli's brain hurt, wait...what?
                                So one person speaks for the 1800+ active NFL players. Add in all the decades of retired NFL players and you can add a zero or two to the total number of men who played football in the NFL.

Tony Boselli speaks for all of them. yep.

Turns out, Boselli only played 7 seasons at a position where it isn't uncommon to play more than 10. Had he not taken those pain killers, his career, with the cushy salary, might have doubled.

Comment

Working...
                                X