So IG do the Spurs win it in 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about that '68 series

Martin Luther King was assassinated the day of one of the losses during the Celtics' comeback. The players on both sides agreed not to play and the league balked...Celtics caved. Then won. Not an excuse as neither team felt like polaying, but Matty Goukas once told me he had no doubt they would have won under normal circumstances.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

Comment

Now thats history

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
      Martin Luther King was assassinated the day of one of the losses during the Celtics' comeback. The players on both sides agreed not to play and the league balked...Celtics caved. Then won. Not an excuse as neither team felt like polaying, but Matty Goukas once told me he had no doubt they would have won under normal circumstances.
      always Interesting tidbits there G
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

Kinda off-topic but I still clearly remember the '76 Sixers squad(Dr's 1st year) when they pounded the hell out of the defending champ Bullets 143-104 at the Spectrum. That squad was essentially an all-star team(Dr, McGinnis(sp?),Free,Collins,Dawkins,etc) so you never knew when they would gel and play as a team. On that night Doc led the way with some incredible plays and the place was going bonkers.

Comment

I can't believe you......

....cheat on us over at that geigh Facenutz. You should be posting all of your sports thoughts on here. You're like a Wangnut.

Comment

Mr. McMahon failed miserably on this one.

Comment

I can still hear that gravally voiced fucker in my head...

HAVLICEK STOLE THE BALL! HAVLICEK STOLE THE BALL!
              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

We got the number one pick the wrong year.

Even the dumb fucks that passed on Kobe certainly would have picked Duncan that year.
                  John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Working...
                  X