No announcement yet.

OT - Game of Thrones (spoiler warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Game of Thrones (spoiler warning)

That fight between Brienne and The Hound was pretty good.

Too bad it didn't happen in the books.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

HBO is going to start doing their own thing for the most part.

Martin told them pretty much how everything plays out but without going into all the specifics.

HBO left out Coldhands...so he's probably not all that important to the story. Jojen gets stabbed outside the cave and that doens't happen in the books...but it shows that his arc in the book probably ends as soon as he gets into the cave.

Martin has been writing these books for almost 20 years. HBO isn't going to wait around for him to finish. their season six will probably match his book six...but they'll finish long before he does.

he's even hinted at it being 8 books in total...not seven.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Yeah, seeing that scene pissed me off, not because I'm a purist but because it fucked up my pipe dream that the series would get him off his fat ass and onto his word processor to keep up.

Comment

Please put HBO Spoiler Alert or Book Spoiler Alert

Don't F it up for us. I've seen all of the HBO shows, but I haven't read the books. Thank you

Comment

A spoiler is a spoiler.

And if you're watching the show before reading the books, they're fucked up for you to a fare thee well way beyond anything I can post.

Comment

OK

Thank you

Comment

FYI (spoiler spoiler spoiler!!! book and show!!!)

The change is minor to the storyline.

But it didn't happen that way in the book.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                A spoiler is a spoiler.

And if you're watching the show before reading the books, they're fucked up for you to a fare thee well way beyond anything I can post.
                I'm almost finished Storm of Swords and I'm starting to live in two alternative realities. I like both story arcs though.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

show spoilers

Between the magic skeletons, the child elf who throws magic grenades, and the magic old man living in a magic tree (who actually says "the hour is late!"), I get the impression we're transitioning into way more weird, stereotypical fantasy magic shit for the remaining seasons. Too bad if true, I always liked the way they kept the supernatural stuff to a minimum and largely on the fringe.

Haven't read the books though, so who knows? Maybe it'll work.

Comment

Maybe

he just wanted to pay homage to the original Jason and the Argonauts?

Comment

I don't like any of that sh*t

Those parts are stupid. How about the kid that can roll his eyes into the back of his head and enter the body of other animals or humans. When all that sh*t comes on I go, "GET THIS HARRY POTTER SH*T OFF!"

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        he just wanted to pay homage to the original Jason and the Argonauts?
                        Love those classic Ray Harryhausen flicks. Seeing those sword-fighter skeletons here was maybe the first time I cringed in embarrassment ever watching the show, though. The elf firebomb girl was the second time, five seconds later.

Comment

Book spoiler

It's called warging and it is actually a more prevalent and important part of the storyline in the books ... so maybe you shouldn't read them.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                            Those parts are stupid. How about the kid that can roll his eyes into the back of his head and enter the body of other animals or humans. When all that sh*t comes on I go, "GET THIS HARRY POTTER SH*T OFF!"
                            Nice acting gig, huh? How long is it going to be until he's warging dragons to fight snow zombies? A little bit of the magic here or there is kind of cool, it's almost like watching crazy science experiments when it's good. Not sure I'm down with this dude who lives in a tree.

Comment

They aren't going all that crazy with it ... like the books ... it's there but it's not the dominant element of the storylines.

Comment

Working...
                              X