OT - Game of Thrones (spoiler warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know what's gotten up your a$$, dude

I thought we were friends. My son has read the books and he respects me enough to not tell me what's going to happen (or what might happen) on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      They aren't going all that crazy with it ... like the books ... it's there but it's not the dominant element of the storylines.
      I'll keep an open mind. Loving the show overall, and I'm honestly not sure where exactly this is going next, which is great. Might even try the books again (tried to get through the first once but lost interest).

Comment

I thought from the way you were posting you had read them all ... I was about to open up a book spoiler point but won't now.

I think the show is very good but that the books are better ... although in the last few he's too damn long-winded and could move the story to the same place with a lot less pages.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I don't like any of the stuff at "The Wall" either

Why are you wasting my time with that fat guy night's watch a$$hole? As soon as that opening content warning screen comes on and there's no "nudity' warning, I know it's going to be that John Snow a$$hole running around in the woods bullsh*t.

Comment

Since this series has done so well i'm hoping that HBO will consider the Icewind Dale Trilogy next.

That trilogy got me into reading in the first place when i was in fifth grade. Wouldn't read anything else for the curriculum so the teacher asked me what i wanted to read and just graded me on that.

thank god for that fifth grade teacher. she was the best.
            “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I thought from the way you were posting you had read them all ... I was about to open up a book spoiler point but won't now.

I think the show is very good but that the books are better ... although in the last few he's too damn long-winded and could move the story to the same place with a lot less pages.
              Nah man, really loving the show though, so I might have to give the books another go. I've heard mixed reviews of the two most recent books, but that's ok, kind of curious to read ahead and get an idea of what will happen onscreen.

Two Gap, I was digging that fight at the Wall two weeks ago!

Comment

Nothing's up my ass except you bitching at me for not giving you enough of a warning when I posted about a minor deviation and you're acting it like I told you Ned Stark was getting beheaded.

The major surprises in the books are already out if you watch the show and you're giving me shit about specific book versus show spoiler headings?

Then you complained about magical shit that is, in fact, more prevalent in the books than it is in the show.

Although the books are not IMO overly supernatural, it's a fact ... I was just letting you know and did not give you any specifics that will spoil anything if you decide to try them despite the "Harry Potter" you say you don't like.
                Last edited by slag; 06-17-2014, 12:11 PM.

Comment

It's called warging and it is actually a more prevalent and important part of the storyline in the books ... so maybe you shouldn't read them.
                  SPOILER:

Must be something bout that Stark DNA. Rickon and Sansa gonna follow Bran, Arya and Jon you think? Is Rickon going to do anything at all?

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                    Since this series has done so well i'm hoping that HBO will consider the Icewind Dale Trilogy next.

That trilogy got me into reading in the first place when i was in fifth grade. Wouldn't read anything else for the curriculum so the teacher asked me what i wanted to read and just graded me on that.

thank god for that fifth grade teacher. she was the best.
                    Game of Thrones is so popular you just know every half decent fantasy book series is going to be optioned now, by HBO and their competition. We're going to slammed with fantasy shows in the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
                      Don't F it up for us. I've seen all of the HBO shows, but I haven't read the books. Thank you
                      I thought you should know that stuff covered in the show (season 4) is covered in books 4 and 5 so the show is not tracking along with the books. I seem to recall that books 4 and 5 occur simultaneously so they are based off of geography instead of time.

As an aside, I really with that GRRM would bust out WordPerfect and finish up books 6 and 7.

-Ten

Comment

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they're looking at American Gods.

Comment

geigh
                          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

The major surprises in the books are already out if you watch the show and you're giving me shit about specific book versus show spoiler headings?
                            Well HBO has left one very significant thing out from book 3 so far. I expect that it will come early in season 5 though.

-Ten

Comment

Having read the books, but not seen the finale yet, this thread cracks me up. Child-elf throwing grenades and dude in a tree. Awesome.

Betcha Brienne stuck the Hound in the leg pretty good. Waiting to see how that one would get figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by QuakeTen View Post
                                Well HBO has left one very significant thing out from book 3 so far. I expect that it will come early in season 5 though.

-Ten
                                I hope they leave it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X