No announcement yet.

Bucks Definitely Out On Embiid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know shit about nba, but can Embiid and Noel be on the floor at the same time/different positions?

Comment

Probably not

Originally posted by D Leff View Post
      I don't know shit about nba, but can Embiid and Noel be on the floor at the same time/different positions?
      I don't think that Noel has enough bulk to play the 4
      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
        The Exum thing is very possible. I've said from the beginning, if any team takes Exum above 4, it would be us because of Brown.

If they take Exum, MCW is going somewhere. The two centers they'd be ok with, but I don't think they want two distributors who can't shoot.

I read today they love Marcus Smart. I'd be okay with that. The dude is a HORSE. I can see him being a superstar some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
          I don't think that Noel has enough bulk to play the 4
          Technically he doesn't for the five then... but hes more athletic than most of the fives and fours out there
          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

It's the week before the draft, National Smokescreen Week, they love everybody this week.

As far as the two of them playing together, I think the answer is...we really don't know. They're both young, and not the finished product they're gonna be. Embiid only started playing basketball a few years ago. The Sixers spent all season rebuilding Noel's shot.

Neither has much of a game outside the paint, so it would be really rough to start, but if they do develop an "outside" game, then it could work.

If Embiid didn't have the injury, and he fell to 3, I'd roll the dice and hope their offensive games develop. If they didn't, you could probably find a partner to trade with. Young, athletic big men with defensive skills are a valuable asset.

The injury makes it really tough, obviously.

Again, in Hinkie and Brown I trust. Until proven otherwise, I'll trust their judgment.

Comment

my wish

# 3 Embiid
              #10 La Vine
              trade back into bottom of the 1st round
              Draft - Jerami Grant

Young starting lineup of

MCW
              LaVine
              Grant
              Noel
              Embiid

Long athletic line up --

Comment

Public statements about your intentions in the week before the draft are always 100% true.

Comment

Call me crazy...

But I think the Cavs are still going to go with Embiid and all the other BS is just smokescreen. Not sure you can pass up on a 7 footer with that type of athleticism/ceiling over a 6-10 month injury. Talented, athletic big men are far and few between in this league, and worth the gamble because the payout could be huge.

Maybe the Bucks are out on Embiid because they are fairly certain he's going #1?
                  Last edited by kutztown; 06-24-2014, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kutztown View Post
                    But I think the Cavs are still going to go with Embiid and all the other BS is just smokescreen. Not sure you can pass up on a 7 footer with that type of athleticism/ceiling over a 6-10 month injury. Talented, athletic big men are far and few between in this league, and worth the gamble because the payout could be huge.

Maybe the Bucks are out on Embiid because they are fairly certain he's going #1?
                    I think the Cavs will pass on Embiid because Wiggins and Parker are sitting right there for the taking. For the Sixers at 3, the two other other hot shit prospects are almost definitely off the board, so why not swing for the fences with high risk/high reward Embiid? Cleveland doesn't have to take that risk with two guys with tremendous NBA potential and no health concerns still available.

Having said all that, I wouldn't be totally surprised if you're right. The potential is that high and, prior to the broken foot, everyone said he checked out just fine physically -- unlike Greg Oden, who had a ton of red flags before being drafted that the Blazers ignored.

Comment

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-...edical-records

This is interesting. The more I think about it, the more I think this would be the right move.

I'd personally like to see LaVine or Young with the #10 pick.

Comment

agreed

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                        You banged the tank drum for years. I'm fairly certain that you at one point told us all how Jrue Holiday wasn't good enough to be your franchise cornerstone.

Hinkie trades Jrue for the #1 prospect (before the knee) and another lottery pick in a strong draft. It's his fault the NBA has a flawed system for determining the order? It's his fault for Embiid getting hurt? To clarify, are you saying you'd be happier if they kept Jrue, Turner and Hawes?

This year's draft hasn't even happened yet and already Hinkie failed? The leader of the tank brigade immediately jumps ship when things get even a little bit tough?

I'll admit I'm not thrilled how it's looking like it will turn out, but I'm at least willing to let it play out before slitting my wrists.
                        the draft is almost always a crapshoot. One of the great minds in the game, Jack Ramsay, drafted Sam Bowie ahead of Jordan fer crissakes. I was never for tanking.
                        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                        May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                        X