Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naa,, not going to happen

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
    That's why I suggested a switch to LB. If he dropped just a couple of pounds he would be very close to Barwin in stature.
    I can see him in the Joker roll a little bit,,but he will be a DL lineman here or on a 4/3 team,,,and we need pass Rush..Smith needs to come along in that roll.
    Last edited by TRENT; 08-13-2014, 11:42 AM.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
      Why didn't you go with Peter Dinklage?

Too stupid even for you?
      Saying player size doesn't matter is ridiculous.

Anyway, Peter Dinklage doesn't have a first step like Jackson. Maybe pithy banter would confuse a 500 lb (meaningless stat) OL combo though.
      --
      Your Retarded

Comment

Stop being a fucking douchebag.

Curry's size is not so extremely out of whack with what they want him to do.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Stop being a fucking douchebag.

Curry's size is not so extremely out of whack with what they want him to do.
          Yeah, that's why he rushes on 3rd down and passing situations. That's when his size and speed work.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Enough ... they asked him to work on his gap technique and he's 6-3, 280.

If he can't play the position it's one thing, his size is not a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              As adapting to the 3-4, the more valuable they may become in trade talks. Both Curry and Cox.

If you trot your coach out there and he says they are poor fits, teams just wait out the Eagles.

I would suggest a straight up trade of Cox for Dion Jordan. Two good players who are not fit for current regimes' schemes.
              Jordan wouldn't replace Cox though. He's a 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB and Cox is a 3-4 DE / 4-3 DT. You'd think the Eagles would want to have a good DE replacement before making that decision.

Jordan would be a replacement for Cole/Graham.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

Enough ... they asked him to work on his gap technique and he's 6-3, 280.

If he can't play the position it's one thing, his size is not a reason.
                Maybe the Eagles are just trying to downplay his inability to play the position right now, but he's 20 pounds lighter than Cox or Thorton.

If he isn't large enough to effectively take on blockers at his current size and if getting larger removes his ability to be a productive player i.e. through this speed then, yes, his size would be a limiting factor given the roles in the Eagles defense.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

There are plenty of undersized players who bring enough to the table to keep at their position.

My point is that saying a player can't play the position because he's 10 pounds and one inch from the "prototype" is bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                    You'd think the Eagles would want to have a good DE replacement before making that decision.
                    They may have him already. Chip loves Taylor Hart, and if Beau Allen works out, Bennie Logan can play DE. None of these guys are the pass-rushing playmakers that Cox and Curry are, but in the 2-gap 3-4, they don't need to be.

Comment

Should have made myself clearer

Jordan wouldn't replace Cox though. He's a 4-3 DE/3-4 OLB and Cox is a 3-4 DE / 4-3 DT. You'd think the Eagles would want to have a good DE replacement before making that decision.

Jordan would be a replacement for Cole/Graham.
                      I wasn't recommending Jordan replace Cox. In the likely event that this is Trent Cole's last year as an Eagle, having Jordan makes more sense to me than having an underachieving Cox on the team. Is Taylor Hart, Brandon Bair, or Joe Kruger a better 3-4 DE than Cox in this defense? Probably not, but you will never know if they never see the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                        I wasn't recommending Jordan replace Cox. In the likely event that this is Trent Cole's last year as an Eagle, having Jordan makes more sense to me than having an underachieving Cox on the team. Is Taylor Hart, Brandon Bair, or Joe Kruger a better 3-4 DE than Cox in this defense? Probably not, but you will never know if they never see the field.
                        I wasn't saying they don't have the replacement, but I agree he'd be likely Cole's replacement. I don't know if they'd do that while Cole was still on the team though.
                        --
                        Your Retarded

Comment

I wasn't saying they don't have the replacement, but I agree he'd be likely Cole's replacement. I don't know if they'd do that while Cole was still on the team though.
                          I don't think any moves get made until next offseason. This coaching staff seems to value reps in practice above all, and so I doubt they would want to shake up their roster this far into camp, or expect a player to contribute who has missed so much practice time.

This upcoming offseason is when we'll start to see the defense actually look like Chip and Billy Davis want it to.

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
                            I'm aware, but you can't just hold on to guys based on where they were picked.
                            I just think it's sad.

It would be nice if most 1st and 2nd round picks ended up as lifers. Unfortunately in the recent past that's been far from the case.

Comment

Working...
                            X