No announcement yet.

Shady allegedly leaves $0.20 cent tip yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not saying it's true, but he does have a bit of a rep with regard to this kind of thing.

Comment

Tipping is not a city in China!!!

It is a custom in most countries I have visited or lived in!
      In France where service is included, the percentage added doesn't always go to the wait staff, management takes a 1% handling fee.
      Tipping should always be based on the service provided by the wait staff, not on how the food was etc. If the food was good complement the chef, if not let him know, but tip based on service.

I have also seen a situation with a large group, someone pocketed the Tip left. and
      essentially stiffed the waitress.

Don't rush to judgment on this one, even though it's made headlines.
      "Never Look Back, Something May Be Gaining On You."

Comment

So the service sucks and you go back?
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Restaurant owner's response to #25

A MESSAGE FROM THE OWNER:
          I would like to address the LeSean McCoy tipping situation and our role in it.
          For starters, I take total and complete responsibility for sharing this receipt. It was not our server's decision, it was mine. I am to blame.
          I decided to take action after some serious thought. And while I'd like to apologize to Mr McCoy, I cannot in good conscience do so. I stand by my actions one hundred percent.
          Mr McCoy and his three companions came into my place on Monday afternoon, and immediately the whole staff was excited. Mr McCoy is a skilled athlete and is one of our beloved Philadelphia Eagles. A true Philly legend and a sports hero. Understandably my staff was really pumped, especially on the heels of they terrific win the day before. (Go Eagles!).
          Mr McCoy and his friend sat inside at a booth next to my management and next to me. They were given excellent service. Impeccable service. If anything, our server was a little nervous as was our food runner, because they are big, big fans.
          He and his group, from the moment they sat down, were verbally abusive to our staff in the most insulting ways. The derogatory statements about women and their sheer contempt for the staff serving them wasn't the end, however. After Mr McCoy and his group left I looked over and saw their server, my friend, with his head bowed down and with a very confused look on his face. I took the receipt out of his hand and I couldn't believe that anyone could be so callous. Mr McCoy had left a .03% tip for our staff. Our staff that was beyond excited to see him walk into our burger joint and was excited to serve him. That's twenty cents on a tab of over $60. Twenty cents that our server has to split with the food runner and the bartender. Two dimes from an insulting multimillionaire.
          I bet Mr McCoy is usually an awesome dude. And everyone has their bad days. But I'm from Philly and have had the pleasure of meeting many of our bad ass sports heroes. Ron Jaworski I met as a kid and I love. Iverson I loved. Mike Schmidt! You name 'em. I love all of our athletes past and present. Hometown heroes who treat those below them with some respect. And maybe Mr McCoy was having a "bad day" after his big victory all that, but the reports of him receiving "bad service" is a complete slanderous lie, and my crew here is better than that and deserves better than that.
          At the end of the day, I did what I felt my heart told me to do. And I don't want anything from Mr McCoy, but...maybe an apology to his server who gave him excellent service would be cool.
          Again, I am the owner and I take full responsibility for my actions. Eagles fans, I feel ya. Id be pissed too. But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do and stick up for his friends.
          Hate mail should be directed to tommy@pytburger.com. I will respond to you right after I catch up on this mornings hate mail.

Comment

Well, that settles it.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by T.D-Bag View Post
              A MESSAGE FROM THE OWNER:
              I would like to address the LeSean McCoy tipping situation and our role in it.
              For starters, I take total and complete responsibility for sharing this receipt. It was not our server's decision, it was mine. I am to blame.
              For the OWNER to do it tells me all I need to know.

This is a non story

Comment

Chickey and Pete's wait staff probably would appreciate that.
                John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

?? Now it's a non-story?

Originally posted by DJCon57 View Post
                  For the OWNER to do it tells me all I need to know.

This is a non story
                  Don't follow. I agree from the get-go tipping or not isn't really news worthy, but now the owner is accusing Shady of being abusive to the staff and women in general. More of a story now IMO
                  "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I'm just going to save my judgment until TMZ releases the video of PYT's service.

Comment

Charlie Sheen has offered to pay the waiter 1 grand. Good to see those "All Dogs Go To Heaven 2" royalty checks are still rolling in

http://www.phillymag.com/foobooz/201...-tip-pyt-1000/

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                        Don't follow. I agree from the get-go tipping or not isn't really news worthy, but now the owner is accusing Shady of being abusive to the staff and women in general. More of a story now IMO
                        For the owner to be the one posting the receipt...meaning I don't believe him

I don't believe a professional business owner that has a clue would act this way

Comment

Working...
                        X