I think Foles misses DJax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Foles misses DJax

Granted he didn't have a lot of time with Maclin this offseason, but he just doesn't have the chemistry he had with Desean. Maybe that will change, but to me it's pretty evident.

From what I have seen so far, Maclin and Cooper are a rich man's Pinkston and Thrash. Cooper has been worthless through two games. Maclin is a nice receiver but he doesn't get any separation downfield. The thing is, it might not matter all that much with McCoy, Sproles and Ertz and with Kelly running the show. I also think Foles will be fine. He's a winner.

Once they put it all together they should score tons of points even without DJax, but, right now, if you asked Foles and he was being honest, I bet he would say he wishes he were still here.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Oh God

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
    Granted he didn't have a lot of time with Maclin this offseason, but he just doesn't have the chemistry he had with Desean. Maybe that will change, but to me it's pretty evident.

From what I have seen so far, Maclin and Cooper are a rich man's Pinkston and Thrash. Cooper has been worthless through two games. Maclin is a nice receiver but he doesn't get any separation downfield. The thing is, it might not matter all that much with McCoy, Sproles and Ertz and with Kelly running the show. I also think Foles will be fine. He's a winner.

Once they put it all together they should score tons of points even without DJax, but, right now, if you asked Foles and he was being honest, I bet he would say he wishes he were still here.
    Please STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP, How is Mejax looking in DC? He sux cuz they don't have other weapons to take the focus off him. He can't be a teams number 1 option, he is weak.
    Last edited by weizer; 09-16-2014, 02:36 PM.

Comment

I think you hit it right on the head McCarthy. He just doesn't feel as confident in the WR corps right now as he did with DJacc. The more he plays with Maclin, the better the read he'll get on him.

I think that INT at the end of the first half has a lot to do with that. With 10, he knew no matter what he did, he couldn't overthrow 10. 10 would go get it with his speed. He hasn't built that understanding with Maclin and got too fancy and tried to place it in there, thus, giving the DB a chance to make a play even after he was beat.

Like you said, the WRs aren't gonna need to do much because the Shady/Sproles/Ertz show looks like it can win most of the games for them alone, but spending more time playing with Maclin will only help make Foles more comfortable.

Comment

Yeah it looks like he's overthrowing Mac on bombs

prolly used to DJax catching up to it
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

That pick was on Foles though, he threw it to where Maclin was when he was open, if he puts that a yard a head of him thats an easy touch.. Only 2nd game that those two are together, I bet, rather I hope, it will not be much of an issue later in the season.

It would have been nice to keep Jax but I don't think him and Chip were ever going to get along. It will be tough to find someone to replace that speed, tough but not impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
            I think you hit it right on the head McCarthy. He just doesn't feel as confident in the WR corps right now as he did with DJacc. The more he plays with Maclin, the better the read he'll get on him.

I think that INT at the end of the first half has a lot to do with that. With 10, he knew no matter what he did, he couldn't overthrow 10. 10 would go get it with his speed. He hasn't built that understanding with Maclin and got too fancy and tried to place it in there, thus, giving the DB a chance to make a play even after he was beat.

Like you said, the WRs aren't gonna need to do much because the Shady/Sproles/Ertz show looks like it can win most of the games for them alone, but spending more time playing with Maclin will only help make Foles more comfortable.

THE WHOLE OFFENSE, with the exception of Sproles is "off" call it timing, call it early game jitters, call it the fact that Coop missed MOST of training camp, but DON'T call it because Djax is in DC!

This is a rhythm and tempo team, they haven't "found" it yet, as games go on, they will. ALL of the rec. dropped balls that should/could have been caught, has NOTHING to do with Djax.
            Last edited by Eagle Road; 09-16-2014, 02:46 PM.

Comment

not trying to defend maclin...but there are pictures of maclin having at least 3 to 5 steps on corners. Foles isn't recognizing it fast enough or letting it go fast enough.

that being said...maclin has never done a really good job of recognizing the ball in the air.
              “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                THE WHOLE OFFENSE, with the exception of Sproles is "off" call it timing, call it early game jitters, call it the fact that Coop missed MOST of training camp, but DON'T call it because Djax is in DC!

This is a rhythm and tempo team, they haven't "found" it yet, as games go on, they will. ALL of the rec. dropped balls that should/could have been caught, has NOTHING to do with Djax.
                Has the rest of the O played poorly, yes, but that wasn't my point.

I don't know what everyone thinks they gain from downplaying the role that DeSean had in this offense. He was THE guy after Shady. He's gone, and the O hasn't looked as crisp, specifically the QB, which was my point. Losing his best receiver and replacing him with a guy he doesn't have the same rapport with is clearly having an effect on Foles, so far. Will they get better? Sure, I assume so, but losing a player as intrigual to the offense as DeSean isn't just a "nope, he was a diva, so he meant nothing to this team, we're fine" thing.

I think lying to ourselves that losing a player of DeSean's caliber isn't hurting them (even just a bit) is just a dumb way to play it.

Comment

Yeah, I do think in the early goings Foles does miss Jackson, but there's no question Maclin is getting is getting open. I think it's more of a chemistry issue than a talent one, which hopefully is something that can get fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by capitaleagle View Post
                    Yeah, I do think in the early goings Foles does miss Jackson, but there's no question Maclin is getting is getting open. I think it's more of a chemistry issue than a talent one, which hopefully is something that can get fixed.
                    yeah, he basically got a new wideout...because he hasn't played with maclin for a year. for the most part, with jackson...he knew what his speed was and could time it better.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Fair enough. Ultimately, I think they'll be fine. I'm just not really impressed with Maclin. Some of it is probably on Foles. Cooper might as well not be playing right now.
                      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Fair enough. Ultimately, I think they'll be fine. I'm just not really impressed with Maclin. Some of it is probably on Foles. Cooper might as well not be playing right now.
                        some of it is definitely on foles. he did release it faster but his mechanics look off and his timing is still off. he would have games where he was completely in the flow and then games where he was off but played well enough to win.

it looks like they are still in preseason for the most part.

Comment

there's no "I think"...he absolutely is missing him.
                          Last edited by Diggle; 09-16-2014, 03:44 PM.
                          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Maclins just not a no. 1 in my opinion

they can probably get by without a legit no. 1 for now, but at some point it needs to be addressed. Could really hurt them in the postseason, whould they get there again.
                            Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                            May 7, 2010

Comment

Exactly.. Maclin is a solid #2 Coop #4 but Ertz and Celek (ghostman last night) will hopefully not make it not such a glaring issue this season.. needs to be addressed asap

We need to draft a Sammy Watkins type WR.. and the rest of the picks go to defense

Comment

Working...
                              X