Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maclin has caught well below half his targets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maclin has caught well below half his targets.

25 of 57. Easily the worst of any of the most used receivers in the league. By contrast the hated gangbanger has caught 20 of 37.

Eagles need a legit number one (and two) WR badly. Matthews may step up as the 2 but the Birds would be foolish to pay Maclin next season

Http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...receivingYards.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

I'm gonna say that at least ten of those misses he's been wide open and Foles has badly overthrown him.

I can't really think of a single bad drop Maclin has had this year.

I've been a Maclin hater in the past, but we can't judge him until Foles and the passing offense gets their ish together.

Comment

While not good, and I wouldn't mind adding a Julio Jones type, how many of his missed targets are from Foles being way off? I feel like there's a good amount of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        25 of 57. Easily the worst of any of the most used receivers in the league. By contrast the hated gangbanger has caught 20 of 37.

Eagles need a legit number one (and two) WR badly. Matthews may step up as the 2 but the Birds would be foolish to pay Maclin next season

Http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...receivingYards.
        Foles is one of the worst deep throwers in the league this year. He's blown.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Well, this should stir things up, Cooper is 19 for 31, so I really don't think you can use that stat effectively, although the numbers on Mac did surprise me.

Comment

Some are definitely on Foles but some are always on the QB. Lots of bad qbs in the league but few receivers are under performing Maclin. Is Maclin consistently getting separation? Doubtful. 57 is a huge number of targets. Can't be failing on sixty percent of them.

I'm confident Chip will make a change for next season if Maclin doesn't improve.

Comment

7th in the NFL in receiving yards. Averaging 17.2 yards per catch. 8th in yards per game. 7th in TDs. 76% of his receptions are going for 1st downs.

Maclin isn't the greatest WR in the world, but he's been playing pretty damn well this year. His stats could be HUGE if Foles didn't miss him on some open, easy TDs.

I don't get the reason for griping about him now, when many other offensive players have not lived up to their roles far worse than Maclin has (especially since Maclin has lived up to his.)

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                7th in the NFL in receiving yards. Averaging 17.2 yards per catch. 8th in yards per game. 7th in TDs. 76% of his receptions are going for 1st downs.

Maclin isn't the greatest WR in the world, but he's been playing pretty damn well this year. His stats could be HUGE if Foles didn't miss him on some open, easy TDs.

I don't get the reason for griping about him now, when many other offensive players have not lived up to their roles far worse than Maclin has (especially since Maclin has lived up to his.)

To be honest Sect, I'm just glad the guy suits up each week and contributes, with his past issues there were a lot of question marks going into this year, and he seems to have answered most of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                  To be honest Sect, I'm just glad the guy suits up each week and contributes, with his past issues there were a lot of question marks going into this year, and he seems to have answered most of them.
                  I've said it before, missing games wasn't my issue with him. Excluding last year, he missed 5 games in 4 seasons. My issue was, at least once a game, he would pull the Paul Pierce move where he looked like he had the worst injury in the history of sports only to come back 3 plays later.

He's even cut down on that.

Comment

First in the NFL for targets. He should be at the top of the other categories not eighth. You can't blame it all on Foles or how is Cooper 19-31.

He obviously has not lived up to his role as the most targeted receiver in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                      First in the NFL for targets. He should be at the top of the other categories not eighth. You can't blame it all on Foles or how is Cooper 19-31.

He obviously has not lived up to his role as the most targeted receiver in the league.

Say what you will but I think it has to do with the whole dynamic, with no running game to speak of, I think the wide outs have been targeted more BUT with less quality opportunities, if that makes any sense.

Comment

Stats in a fucking vacuum.

a) the quarterback, as you've already noted, is part of the equation that has nothing to do with the receiver

b) what routes is he running? what coverage is Foles choosing to throw into?

Enough already ... we get it ... you don't like Maclin
                        Last edited by slag; 10-07-2014, 09:58 AM.
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Agreed.

The following individuals are more to blame for the offensive struggles than Maclin
                          Foles
                          Shady
                          All the backup linemen
                          Cooper
                          Chip

Right now, ripping on Maclin seems like focusing on the wrong thing.

Comment

While not good, and I wouldn't mind adding a Julio Jones type, how many of his missed targets are from Foles being way off? I feel like there's a good amount of those.
                            I wouldn't mind a Julio type. Or Calvin Johnson. Maybe Peyton. Or JJ Watt. Nah Earl Thomas even. C'mon man these guys don't grow on trees
                            I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Maybe I'll shut up about Maclin when you shut up about the officials. We already get you don't like them. What a waste of time that is. At least the Eagles can get rid of Maclin.

Or blame Foles if you prefer. I'm already on record for a QB who's a running threat.

Comment

Working...
                              X