Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maclin has caught well below half his targets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way I see it, if it was fair to pick apart the shortcomings of a receiver who was the only receiver in 2013 to have 80 catches, 16 yards a catch and 9 touchdowns who wasn't named Calvin Johnson or Josh Gordon, then it's fair to do the same with Maclin.

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
      I wouldn't mind a Julio type. Or Calvin Johnson. Maybe Peyton. Or JJ Watt. Nah Earl Thomas even. C'mon man these guys don't grow on trees
      The WRs have of late.

Think about how many monsters there are in the league right now.

Julio, AJ, Megatron, Marshall, Alshon, Jordy, Larry, Dez, Demaryius and Gordon. Even young guys like Sammy Watkins and Kelvin Benjamin have shown beast ability.

They might not "grow on trees" but WR is definitely the position in the league where there is the most otherworldly talents.
      Last edited by Sect 236; 10-07-2014, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Don't you guys have work to do? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
          The WRs have of late.

Think about how many monsters there are in the league right now.

Julio, AJ, Megatron, Marshall, Alshon, Jordy, Larry, Dez, Demaryius and Gordon. Even young guys like Sammy Watkins and Kelvin Benjamin have shown beast ability.

They might not "grow on trees" but WR is definitely the position in the league where there is the most otherworldly talents.
          The Falcons gave up a TON to get Julio
          I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

Pick away ... I'm just not buying these stats that do not consider variables that reduce their value.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

The officiating is a significantly larger issue regarding the NFL's product, including the Eagles, than Maclin is for the Eagles' offense.

He's so far down the list of problems that you look silly here.

EDITED TO ADD: You don't have to piss on Maclin to validate Jackson's prior value to the team.
              Last edited by slag; 10-07-2014, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
                The Falcons gave up a TON to get Julio
                And the Bears didn't for Marshall and Alshon. The Brown didn't for Gordon. Broncos used a late 1st on Demaryius. Dez was a mid 1st.

I guess my main point was the freak of nature WR isn't the most elusive thing in the NFL anymore. Do I trust them to draft one, high in the 1st or as a gem later in the draft? Doubtful. They're more likely to draft Mike Williams than Demaryius Thomas.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  The officiating is a significantly larger issue regarding the NFL's product, including the Eagles, than Maclin is for the Eagles' offense.

He's so far down the list of problems that you look silly here.

EDITED TO ADD: You don't have to piss on Maclin to validate Jackson's prior value to the team.
                  Nothing is more silly and boring than obsessing on the officials. You're good for a half dozen officiating posts every game. They blow some calls. We get it already. Unless there is a pattern of bias towards a team, they're simply an annoying part of the game. You were complaining about officiating before they tightened up this season. Get over it.

I piss on Maclin because I don't think he's a number one receiver. Jackson is only an obvious benchmark. And there is an obvious solution. Henery him.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Blow calls my ass ... they've made the game unwatchable.

I'm pretty sure the league got the message from the Eagles and Bears games two weeks ago ... because the games I watched this week were SIGNIFICANTLY different in their approach to secondary contact.

PS - Name a skill position player on that team aside from maybe Sproles who's playing better than Maclin or has been more important.

Actually don't bother ... there isn't one.

Henery isn't in the same fucking universe.
                    Last edited by slag; 10-07-2014, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                      Nothing is more silly and boring than obsessing on the officials. You're good for a half dozen officiating posts every game. They blow some calls. We get it already. Unless there is a pattern of bias towards a team, they're simply an annoying part of the game. You were complaining about officiating before they tightened up this season. Get over it.

I piss on Maclin because I don't think he's a number one receiver. Jackson is only an obvious benchmark. And there is an obvious solution. Henery him.
                      wait...you're mad because they cut a guy was their best WR...so the answer is to do the same thing the next year? Based on his play so far this season, I don't think Maclin should get #1 money, maybe on the lower end of #1 WR money...but he's certainly the best WR on the team right now, and the team wouldn't be better off without him.

Comment

Maclin would be best suited as a number 2, but he's holding up pretty well as the 1. Foles has thrown him some bad balls, thrown it into coverage, and several times he's thrown in Maclin's direction on throw aways. Maclin is the least of the team's troubles and has actually looked more consistent to me this year than ever before. To be top 8 in the receiving numbers is pretty damn good, no matter how you slice it.

Comment

Like I said, you complained about officials long before they changed the rules this season.

Just because the offense is playing shitty doesn't make Maclin a #1. He's an easy upgrade. There are at least twenty receivers in the league who would have better stats with 57 targets. You're obviously too fixated on the officiating to see it.

Comment

And

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
                            I can't really think of a single bad drop Maclin has had this year.
                            I can think of a pretty damn good catch as well.

Off the top of my head I know for a fact that Foles has overthrown/underthrown Maclin at least 10 times this year, probably more.

Comment

Originally posted by JDuggernaut View Post
                              To be top 8 in the receiving numbers is pretty damn good, no matter how you slice it.
                              Not when you're getting more balls thrown to you than any other receiver in the NFL. They're fools if they pay him. Forget the Super Bowl with Maclin at #1 WR.

Comment

Maclin has one (1) drop on the season. Yes, he's not catching a ton of his targets but A LOT has to do with Foles' accuracy issues thus far. He's caught 44% of his targets; as a comparison, very good, legitimate #1 WRs have a similar % (Vincent Jackson 44%, Demariyus Thomas 48%, Larry Fitzgerald 46%, Brandon Marshall 51%).

Not to even mention the fact that he made 2 absolutely absurd AND crucial catches against San Fran & Washington.
                                To run with the big dogs you have to be a big dog, dumb fuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X