Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maclin has caught well below half his targets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
    Since that's pretty much exactly what they did after last season, you're doing an even worse job. Or maybe you're just a dumbazz since Harvin has had a better career than Maclin. When has Maclin caught 87 balls?

Recognizing Maclin as a low-end number one is hardly controversial.
    To be fair though, it doesn't appear that cutting the best receiver off last year's team has helped any

Comment

Originally posted by JDuggernaut View Post
      To be fair though, it doesn't appear that cutting the best receiver off last year's team has helped any

meh, considering that the running game was a HUGE part of the O last year and with the banged up line it hasn't been this year, I'm just not sure it's that easy to compare the two.

Nobody seems afraid of the run potential this year, and has more coverage in the secondary, I think in an apple to apples comparison it dilutes the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        Since that's pretty much exactly what they did after last season, you're doing an even worse job. Or maybe you're just a dumbazz since Harvin has had a better career than Maclin. When has Maclin caught 87 balls?

Recognizing Maclin as a low-end number one is hardly controversial.
        Reading comprehension.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by RileyMakeMeSmiley View Post
          Plus, Cooper needs a LOT more targets. His skills are being underutilized.
          I agree, if they throw it to Cooper more, we'll get a look at just how bad we could have it at WR. More passes to Cooper equals more drops and more plays of minimal success, thus, making people realize that having Maclin is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by hoo bleeds green View Post
            Maclin has one (1) drop on the season. Yes, he's not catching a ton of his targets but A LOT has to do with Foles' accuracy issues thus far. He's caught 44% of his targets; as a comparison, very good, legitimate #1 WRs have a similar % (Vincent Jackson 44%, Demariyus Thomas 48%, Larry Fitzgerald 46%, Brandon Marshall 51%).

Not to even mention the fact that he made 2 absolutely absurd AND crucial catches against San Fran & Washington.
            I agree. John Gonzalez wrote the following recently:

. Of Maclin’s 57 targets, only 25 were catchable, per Pro Football Focus. Maclin caught all 25. He has no drops this year.

Foles has targeted Maclin 14 times this season on attempts of 30 yards or more. Maclin has caught only one of those balls.
            http://www.csnphilly.com/football-ph...out-nick-foles
            It will be interesting to see if they can afford to pay him next year.
            http://igglephans.com/iggboard/showp...5&postcount=15

Comment

That's better

Stats outside a vacuum and in context.

Not perfect, mind you ... Maclin may have run the wrong route here and there.

But better.
              Last edited by slag; 10-09-2014, 09:36 PM.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

According to this article he has zero drops

Comment

Originally posted by Big Little View Post
                  According to this article he has zero drops

Of Maclin’s 57 targets, only 25 were catchable, per Pro Football Focus. Maclin caught all 25. He has no drops this year.
                  If not for the fact that he caught it, I would rate the San Fran pass as an uncatchable ball. So, 25 catches on 24 catchable passes.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    Stats outside a vacuum and in context.

Not perfect, mind you ... Maclin may have run the wrong route here and there.

But better.
                    I agree there are too many moving parts to rely on stats. Like you say Maclin could be running the wrong route or not getting enough separation to give Foles a window. Or it could be mostly on Foles accuracy.

However, if Maclin continues to lag other receivers as the sample size grows, the odds are part of the issue is Maclin. In any case, I would not lock him in to a multi-year #1 wr contract after this season based on what I've seen in his career to date.
                    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
                      If not for the fact that he caught it, I would rate the San Fran pass as an uncatchable ball. So, 25 catches on 24 catchable passes.
                      You see catches like that every game. Jason Avant made some.

I've seen Maclin get out fought for balls this season. That may not count as a drop but it ain't good.
                      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Come one. You don't see catches like that every game. I'm not sold on him as a no. 1 for this team either, but if you've watched all the games, I find it hard for anyone to come away with any conclusion other than that he is playing really well. Even with Foles' accuracy issues, he is still on pace to almost match DJacc's 2013 numbers in catches and yards and exceed in TD's. That would be a fine season.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                          Come one. You don't see catches like that every game. I'm not sold on him as a no. 1 for this team either, but if you've watched all the games, I find it hard for anyone to come away with any conclusion other than that he is playing really well. Even with Foles' accuracy issues, he is still on pace to almost match DJacc's 2013 numbers in catches and yards and exceed in TD's. That would be a fine season.

I think as the season goes on him and Foles will get on the same page, and I hope like hell it starts this Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousXGeorge View Post
                            Actually I think the one catch was the 60+ yd touchdown where he was left wide open.

We'll get a better feel for the situation as the O Line gets healthy. They'll give Foles more time to get his feet--and head--set for the deep balls. He won't be as banged up.

Comment

Working...
                            X