No announcement yet.

I know it's been touched upon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my perspective, Cooper was already going down...it was irrelevant that a defender had his hands inside of his pads.

I think that the horse collar rule is being abused in general. The intent of the rule is to stop guys from being ripped down from behind in an awkward fashion...not to stop defenders from being able to tackle someone.

Comment

Agree here with Trogdor.

Comment

Uh, the object of the infraction is protection of the player not whether the horsecollar was the only reason he went down.

Or maybe you want Cooper injured?

EDITED TO ADD: It was part of the tackle ... it wasn't Cooper was down and Cromartie decided to tickle the back of his neck.

Not to mention, that Mike Pereirra (sp?) ... the official apologist for referees called it a missed call.
        Last edited by slag; 10-29-2014, 11:34 AM.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

The point I'm trying to make is that live (they woudln't show the reply in AZ, obviously...and i haven't really watched it again yet) it didn't look like it affected the play or how Cooper went down.

Comment

Did to me ... I yelled "horse collar" at the tv when the play happened.

Comment

PS - the story is that a relatively new back judge threw the flag and the ref (older) talked him out of it ... it was a clear foul.

Comment

It looks like a horse collar too me.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  Uh, the object of the infraction is protection of the player not whether the horsecollar was the only reason he went down.

Or maybe you want Cooper injured?

EDITED TO ADD: It was part of the tackle ... it wasn't Cooper was down and Cromartie decided to tickle the back of his neck.

Not to mention, that Mike Pereirra (sp?) ... the official apologist for referees called it a missed call.
                  Full speed I didn't exactly see it as a horse-collar, either. Looked worse on replay, I thought.

I think maybe it wasn't called at game-speed because Cooper sort of went down first -- that is, into sort of a squatting position and sort of pulled sideways, I thought -- then got pulled backwards. It wasn't the classic Roy Williams horse-collar of a player being pursued from behind.

It absolutely could've been called, but I wasn't totally shocked it wasn't.

Comment

One of the officials threw a flag ... I yelled horse collar in real time.

He and I saw it.

Comment

They should start mic'ing up and following the refs around in SoundFX. They're the real stars.
                      "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

One of the officials threw a flag ... I yelled horse collar in real time.

He and I saw it.
                        I do agree with you there...if one official saw it and threw a flag he shouldn't just be able to say "ok, no penalty" without a much bigger explanation.

AE did a better job of explaining my position than i did. I wouldn't ever be shocked if they didn't throw a flag in that type of situation.

Comment

so you admit you are a jinx

Did to me ... I yelled "horse collar" at the tv when the play happened.
                          If you'd have kept your mouth shut, they'd have called it. It's on you.
                          DB

Comment

Working...
                          X