X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it sucked.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

It's obvious Matthews will surpass Maclin. Ertz is sitting until he learns to block.

Maclin is a poor man's DJax. Why would you pay somebody so replaceable? You can replace him cheaply with a third rounder. Even a second rounder would be a fraction of the price.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Confidential to Terp.

I mistakenly f-ed up a post made by you in this thread. My apologies.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
          Maclin is a poor man's DJax. Why would you pay somebody so replaceable? You can replace him cheaply with a third rounder. Even a second rounder would be a fraction of the price.
          Josh Huff was a third-rounder. I haven't seen anything to indicate he can replace Maclin's ability or production.

For that matter, Marcus Smith was a first rounder. Has he replaced Cole or Graham? Has he shown any signs he ever will?

Draft picks are a roll of the dice every time. I'm not even a big Maclin fan, but right now, he's the most talented WR we got, and I'm not ready to go back to being sold a bill of goods on 2015's version of James Thrash or Kevin Curtis.

Comment

Matthews replaces Maclin. Stuck with Cooper at #2. Huff is the slot receiver. He's made some mistakes but also made some plays. Give him more than half a season to get used to the NFL. Add a draft pick to the mix.

Also Ertz should be more involved.

Comment

If Maclin expects top 5 WR money, this would probably be what happens. However, I think that makes our WR unit much less deep and talented.

Also, it means we're spending draft picks at a position other than CB, OLB, ILB and S, which are all already positions of fairly high need.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                Confidential to Terp.

I mistakenly f-ed up a post made by you in this thread. My apologies.
                My McNabb/TO to Jackson/Maclin post? I thought maybe I screwed up submitting it.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

It's obvious Matthews will surpass Maclin. Ertz is sitting until he learns to block.

FO says Maclin was better than D-Jax when they played together. How can he be a poor man's Jackson?
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

I like Matthews a lot but he's only got half the yards Jackson has. That's the stat that really counts. And DJax is playing for a crap team with Moe, Larry and Curly at QB.

You gonna pay Maclin big bucks or let him walk? Obvious decision. Matthews hands are a little questionable but I'm not paying Maclin with an option like Matthews. Receivers usually make their biggest jump in their second year. Already pissed away a bunch of money on Cooper.
                    So, what about Maclin having more yards than Jackson? Does that stat still count?
                    --
                    Your Retarded

Comment

Of course not.
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                        So, what about Maclin having more yards than Jackson? Does that stat still count?
                        Twenty more yards on twenty more targets? Meh. I guess that's production in Bizarro Terp World.

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
                          FO says Maclin was better than D-Jax when they played together.
                          They might have but just for fun let's see the quote. Worth a laugh.

Comment

Working...
                          X