Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This.

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
    Neither of those are valid points with the Sixers.

They were consistently coming in around 25th in the NBA in attendance during the Iggy/Turner/Doug Collins years. Those years they were one and done in the playoffs, around .500, and people weren't showing up. Continuing that way of building their team and presenting that product wasn't going to miraculous result in a top 10 attendance.

The NBA, more than any sport, is about stars. Kids grow up fans of Jordan or Kobe or LeBron or Durant. This generation wasn't going to be attracted to the Sixers whether they tanked or not with "star" players like Evan Turner and Thad Young. If Embiid is the next Hakeem and they draft Mudiay and he's the next Wall or Kyrie, kids will be Sixers fans.
    Turner was garbage. Should have drafted Cousins.

I was pretty upset when they traded Jrue, but by the time this team would be in a position to start winning meaningful games he would have already been at the end of his prime. MCW has a higher ceiling anyway.

At least now there's a plan in place and they're sticking to it. What we have now is the result of years of piss poor drafting and a few bad contracts.
    Last edited by ishimonster; 12-04-2014, 07:04 PM.

Comment

short of determining draft order

By giving every team one ping pong ball, what can they do? Wasn't the draft lottery created to discourage tanking?
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
        By giving every team one ping pong ball, what can they do? Wasn't the draft lottery created to discourage tanking?
        They could weigh the lottery less favorably towards the teams that have the worst records. Other than that, I have few suggestions. Mebbe you could also put in a factor which results that a team which has a really disproportionate number of losses gets a higher risk of having a mediocre draft spot.

Yes, the draft lottery was created to discourage tanking but I believe there are ways you could change it to discourage tanking even more.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Get Okafor... Get embiid healthy, and this could be a solid team with a couple FA pickups who can score on the wing. Wroten and McDaniels are proving to be a nice fit. They will trade MCW and I hope they do

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            They could weigh the lottery less favorably towards the teams that have the worst records. Other than that, I have few suggestions. Mebbe you could also put in a factor which results that a team which has a really disproportionate number of losses gets a higher risk of having a mediocre draft spot.

Yes, the draft lottery was created to discourage tanking but I believe there are ways you could change it to discourage tanking even more.
            They could also make the lottery go deeper than the first 3 picks.
            --
            Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
            X