Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Them Buckeyes, tho......

Nm
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Hope you switched to the FSU-Tech game

Comment

Big Ten blows
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I'm loving this

But with out some help from Florida state do u think this will be enough.?

Comment

Sure it does

Originally posted by Loki View Post
          Big Ten blows
          Nm
          The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I don't see how it couldn't be

Originally posted by hoythunter12 View Post
            But with out some help from Florida state do u think this will be enough.?
            Put up 60 on Wisconsin when the Badgers were favored, I believe. Ohio State is an outright conference champion and 12 win team, while TCU and Baylor are co-champions.

Comment

I knew from the moment they expanded the playoff field to only four(instead of 8) that this crazy stuff was gonna happen as there's waaaay too much parity in today's college game to limit it to such a small number. As a WVU and Big 12 fan I think it's a joke that both Baylor(in particular) and TCU have to even worry about getting into the field.

I'm not an OSU fan and although they hadn't impressed me all that much up until yesterday I don't know how you leave them out after yesterday's performance. I gotta say that was damn impressive...never saw that coming against a pretty darn good Wisconsin squad.

They need to expand it to eight to eliminate most of this BS drama as teams are getting screwed.

Comment

The Urban Meyer dicksucking

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                Nm
                was a little over the top, imho
                DB

Comment

I'm still not sold on this committee

Originally posted by headknocker View Post
                  I knew from the moment they expanded the playoff field to only four(instead of 8) that this crazy stuff was gonna happen as there's waaaay too much parity in today's college game to limit it to such a small number. As a WVU and Big 12 fan I think it's a joke that both Baylor(in particular) and TCU have to even worry about getting into the field.

I'm not an OSU fan and although they hadn't impressed me all that much up until yesterday I don't know how you leave them out after yesterday's performance. I gotta say that was damn impressive...never saw that coming against a pretty darn good Wisconsin squad.

They need to expand it to eight to eliminate most of this BS drama as teams are getting screwed.
                  I don't understand how Florida State can be ranked fourth when they're the undefeated defending national champs on a 29 game winning streak. I think the top four will be Alabama, Oregon, FSU, and OSU.

Comment

The man runs a great program

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                    was a little over the top, imho
                    They did that yesterday with the 3rd string quarterback. They were written off after Miller went down, and after the Virginia Tech loss, and look where they are.

Comment

How does the 5th team leapfrog the 3rd team when the 3rd team also won convincingly? TCU's only loss came to the 6th ranked team and OSU lost to a lousy VaTech team at home. I'm not saying that OSU isn't one of the best 4 teams in the country, but for them to knock out the team ranked 3rd would make me question the legitimacy of the committee. They can't really know what they're doing if that happens.
                      Last edited by McCarthy12; 12-07-2014, 10:58 AM.
                      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I know you're a fan

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                        They did that yesterday with the 3rd string quarterback. They were written off after Miller went down, and after the Virginia Tech loss, and look where they are.
                        But the dicksucking was epic and appalling. And nobody mentioned the OT win against a pathetic 46 players on scholarship PSU squad.
                        DB

Comment

Objectively, the Big Ten is the 4th best football conference, and isn't even close to the SEC, PAC and 12.

OSU is the only program in the Big 10 that has a legit shot at hanging with the top teams in the country. Mich St last year was good, but they're not consistently that level.

My top 4, purely based on what I think would be the most entertaining games, would be Bama, Oregon, Baylor/TCU and FSU. I wanna see Bama trounce Winston and I wanna see the Ducks and the Big 12 school score a combined 150.

I think the committee will go with Bama, Oregon, FSU and OSU in that order.
                          Last edited by Sect 236; 12-07-2014, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Tough to bounce TCU from the top

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                            Objectively, the Big Ten is the 4th best football conference, and isn't even close to the SEC, PAC and 12.

OSU is the only program in the Big 10 that has a legit shot at hanging with the top teams in the country. Mich St last year was good, but they're not consistently that level.

My top 4, purely based on what I think would be the most entertaining games, would be Bama, Oregon, Baylor/TCU and FSU. I wanna see Bama trounce Winston and I wanna see the Ducks and the Big 12 school score a combined 150.

I think the committee will go with Bama, Oregon, FSU and OSU in that order.
                            But with Barry Alvarez on the committee, I think OSU has a good chance. And frankly, they deserve it.
                            DB

Comment

Strictly on performance this year, IMO, FSU is the team that should be left out, but you have to give an undefeated defending champ the chance to repeat. I just don't see it with them though. Their D is terrible. A lot of close/come from behind wins against not so good teams. Oh yeah, they're also a distasteful horde of hooligans.
                              Last edited by McCarthy12; 12-07-2014, 11:00 AM.
                              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                              X