No announcement yet.

Tragedy at Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was my thought, too. Rural Idaho doesn't really come across as a hotbed of crime.

Maybe she had been previously threatened by a rogue Elk or something.

Comment

Originally posted by rdog5 View Post
      Your more likely to show your idiot bias every time you touch a keyboard.
      *You're

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
        *You're
        You are correct!

Comment

How about this?

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/gun-deaths...140634494.html
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

It's neither guns nor falls. It's good safety practices.

Case in point. In the photo taken in a Walmart store below, the woman on the right is practicing an accepted safety measure by keeping her child away from her purse, while the old bag on the left is just begging for trouble by placing the kid in the cart.

"It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

looks like Meatloafville

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
              Case in point. In the photo taken in a Walmart store below, the woman on the right is practicing an accepted safety measure by keeping her child away from her purse, while the old bag on the left is just begging for trouble by placing the kid in the cart.

I think I worked with those ladies.
              DB

Comment

When a person decides to become a police officer

They do so (or at least they should) with the expectation that it's very possible that they may encounter some bad people who may ultimately end up doing them great physical harm, or even killing them. when an everyday citizen is out on the street, minding their own business, he or she doesn't have, nor should they have, an expectation that the very department sworn to serve and protect them, will choke them to death in the middle of the sidewalk because they suspect them of selling loose cigarettes.
                The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

beat me to it.

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                  *You're
                  but I'm the idiot....
                  The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Fair point, but totally unrelated to accidental gun deaths

And police should not have the expectation that the leaders of their communities and country will foster an environment that increases the risk of fatal attacks against them.

Comment

Hegel!

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
                      And police should not have the expectation that the leaders of their communities and country will foster an environment that increases the risk of fatal attacks against them.
                      Boy there's a lot of dialectic arguments I've heard lately. Words/ideas can lead to action. I agree. I felt this way when Tim McVeigh and Eric Rudolph set off bombs and they were influenced by talk radio's consistent screeds against "jackbooted" federal agents etc. Did you?
                      DB

Comment

They could have been

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                        Boy there's a lot of dialectic arguments I've heard lately. Words/ideas can lead to action. I agree. I felt this way when Tim McVeigh and Eric Rudolph set off bombs and they were influenced by talk radio's consistent screeds against "jackbooted" federal agents etc. Did you?
                        But I hold elected officials to a higher standard than radio talk show hosts. Do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
                          They do so (or at least they should) with the expectation that it's very possible that they may encounter some bad people who may ultimately end up doing them great physical harm, or even killing them. when an everyday citizen is out on the street, minding their own business, he or she doesn't have, nor should they have, an expectation that the very department sworn to serve and protect them, will choke them to death in the middle of the sidewalk because they suspect them of selling loose cigarettes.
                          first and foremost you were not called an idiot but seems to be the identity you want to display.

Secondly to imply idiot based on a grammatical error displays your ability to make value based judgements.

Now to the topic at hand when you have a case where an individual is choked to death by a police officer under the circumstances you explained then we will include that in the conversation. Obviously by your points you are referring to Eric Garner who did not die from a choke hold as you indicate but from multiple sources such as asthma, heart disease etc. of course truth does not matter if it does not promote your initiative. Bottom line if you don't want interaction with the police do not do things to attract their attention and if you feel you are unfairly singled out there are remedies at your disposal. I guess it's just easier to claim victim than accept personal responsibility.

Sent from iPhone and not spell checked or grammar checked as I just don't care that much because even someone of reasonable intellect can understand my point.

Comment

not really

But I hold elected officials to a higher standard than radio talk show hosts. Do you?
                            I think more people listen to mediots than politicians. Bigger megaphones.
                            DB

Comment

Not really??

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                              I think more people listen to mediots than politicians. Bigger megaphones.
                              Wow. Who has a bigger megaphone than the president?

Comment

Network news

Wow. Who has a bigger megaphone than the president?
                                and certain talk radio entertainers. They reach more people every day than the POTUS does. Easily.

My view on De Blasio and Obama is that the NYPD are absolutely within their rights to protest by turning their backs etc. I think the union leader goes to far with the "blood on their hands" screed though. And we have to make sure that the police are under citizen control (even though we might not like De Blasio I think you have to respect the office, not the man). If the police call for the Mayor to resign, that sounds more like Guatemala than the USA. Nothing against Guatemala. And resigning because he essentially told the truth about what he told his son? A bit too much, to me. He should've just kept the fact that he had "the Talk" with his son quiet, but he blabbed. For that he should resign? Vote him out next election. Don't incite a coup.

As for Obama, I fault him on a lot of things, but these arguments that he is inciting riots and is a racist etc are a bit thin skinned and disingenuous. He expressed his understanding of why the protestors/rioters were out there in the streets but also was clear about being lawful and peaceful. Mostly what I hear repeated is his sympathy which has turned into "inciting." The thing I absolutely fault him most for is harboring that bonehead Sharpton by having him at the WH so much. Stoopid.

As for Holder, he had the same party line as Obama. He filed a joinder in a suit against the NYPD in 2007 and that caused the riots and shootings in 2014? Just seems to me that it's hate because other than that he's been expressing sympathy but telling people to be lawful. Most of what I've heard repeated is the first part, not the second.

I might be missing statements that Holder and Obama said like "Kill Whitey" or whatever, in which case I will change my opinion. My main thing is that he shouldn't hang with the Rev and he should make sure that he clearly supports police.

But what the heck do I know?
                                DB

Comment

Working...
                                X