Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roseman Spoke with Jets about GM Job?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...OkCiGIom52d.99

All of it is speculation but we can tell something smells rotten in Denmark.

This power struggle truly is dysfunctional. Looks like Howie was prepping for a jump to the Jets as their GM if he lost the power struggle with the Chump.

Starting to get clear now. Kelly is a gimmicky, bad coach, but has the sort of media appeal and that is desirable to Lurie. Having a celeb coach keeps the Eagles in the national conversation.

I can't assess Roseman but we all know the business side of pro sports switched over to a MoneyBall approach long ago. Ex-jocks and people who grew about around the sport do NOT necessarily make better FO people. In fact the opposite can be argued.

I'm siding with Howie here. I believe Kelly is the one behind the boneheaded moves and ridiculously bad personnel decisions like releasing Jackson and re-signing the racist Cooper.

The asshole is going to bail on Philadelphia before his contract runs out. 100 percent guarantee. It's a train wreck being derailed by high school gimmicks.

My guess is Howie wants to fire Billy Davis and go back to a 4-3, which is what most of the front players really are. Kelly refused, rebelled, or whatever.

20-12 in two seasons. Bad coach.

The defensive line is thriving in the 3-4.

You're just talking to here yourself talk and now, not even trying to be truthful
    Last edited by Sect 236; 01-01-2015, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Eat shit asshole - no one here cares about your lame garbage.

Originally posted by The Ref View Post
      http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...OkCiGIom52d.99

All of it is speculation but we can tell something smells rotten in Denmark.

This power struggle truly is dysfunctional. Looks like Howie was prepping for a jump to the Jets as their GM if he lost the power struggle with the Chump.

Starting to get clear now. Kelly is a gimmicky, bad coach, but has the sort of media appeal and that is desirable to Lurie. Having a celeb coach keeps the Eagles in the national conversation.

I can't assess Roseman but we all know the business side of pro sports switched over to a MoneyBall approach long ago. Ex-jocks and people who grew about around the sport do NOT necessarily make better FO people. In fact the opposite can be argued.

I'm siding with Howie here. I believe Kelly is the one behind the boneheaded moves and ridiculously bad personnel decisions like releasing Jackson and re-signing the racist Cooper.

The asshole is going to bail on Philadelphia before his contract runs out. 100 percent guarantee. It's a train wreck being derailed by high school gimmicks.

My guess is Howie wants to fire Billy Davis and go back to a 4-3, which is what most of the front players really are. Kelly refused, rebelled, or whatever.
      "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Lol @ a coach being bad. Coaches don't matter. Not does front office. Everything is irrelevant besides QB.

Comment

Pointless to use facts with a nitwit like la ref

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
          20-12 in two seasons. Bad coach.

The defensive line is thriving in the 3-4.

You're just talking to here yourself talk and now, not even trying to be truthful
          Just enjoy his laughingstock status
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

I see you broke your resolution already trying not to be a fucktard in the new year!
            On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Roseman the lawyer is a pos like Banner

Gamble is a Kelly guy. This doesn't look good at all moving forward.

Comment

Chip has taken a bad team and turned it into two 10-win seasons. In the first he proved he can win in the league, and in the second (despite the disappointing outcome) he proved he could still win, even when the novelty of what he does wore off.

Now he has earned the right to see if he can turn the corner and turn what he's built into a true contender.

How can you instantly choose Roseman in this situation? He's credited with the 2012 draft, but he's part of the longterm problem with this team.

I remember reading in 2010 that Roseman was fighting in the war room to draft Cooper. I couldn't find that story, but I did find this one where it sounds like Roseman was leading the charge to extend him.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...e-new-contract

Howie's the genius who created one of the top problems facing this team.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

You sounded ok until you stated Cooper is one of the top problems on the Eagles.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    You sounded ok until you stated Cooper is one of the top problems on the Eagles.
                    Howie and Chip both seem to like Cooper.

I think it's just the typical football guy vs. money ball nerd conflict. It's up to Lurie to make it work. The graceless firing of Gamble wouldn't appear to help.
                    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

That was just Howie talking to another girl

to make his boyfriend, Jeffrey, jealous
                      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Franco still dead

Where have you been?
                        Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                        May 7, 2010

Comment

Actually it wasn't ... the Jets contacted Howie about another Eagle FO guy they wanted to interview.

Comment

I think paying a 3rd receiver like a very good 2nd receiver set a bad precedent for their future free agents.
                            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Oh please ... he capitalized on a good season ... what a shocking and unprecedented occurrence.

Comment

Working...
                              X