Hilliard Named National Player of the Week for Second Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
    You know LESS than don't know shit...I was being kind.
    Bwahhhhhaha...
    I am apparently a victim of Temple folding like a cheap suit in the SMU game... The wrath of a fraud fan scorned. Go ahead and vent.

Comment

Georgie, I am still puzzled

Why do these 2 Johnnie-Come Latelies believe Villanova is part of the Big 5?

Talk about your lack of knowledge of Philadelphia basketball!
      "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
        : )

Do you mean Nova is so far superior they are in a different class than the remainder of the Big 5? : )

Comment

Talk about your lack of knowledge of Philadelphia basketball!
          I think since 1955 they have been a part of the BIG 5, but if you know something about this that I don't, enlighten me. Funny that no one had an issue with them residing in the suburbs until recently.

Comment

No Joe, your scumbag boy Rolie took them out of the big 5 long aago

Originally posted by Joegrane View Post
            : )

Do you mean Nova is so far superior they are in a different class than the remainder of the Big 5? : )
            Big 5 games are played on Penn's campus, not in some main line dump named after a serial sodomist.

Drexel, Textile, and even Philadelphia College of Art have a better chance of being considered Big 5. After all, they are Philly schools.
            "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

No one????. Recently????

Originally posted by T.D-Bag View Post
              I think since 1955 they have been a part of the BIG 5, but if you know something about this that I don't, enlighten me. Funny that no one had an issue with them residing in the suburbs until recently.
              Wow, are you ignorant of Big 5 history.

Comment

Wow, are you ignorant of Big 5 history.
                When I was a Kid attending Palestra games in the 70's and 80's. I remember the dislike but never heard about VU being from the burbs and not being a real BIG 5 team.

Comment

Because back then Villanova was a Big 5 team

Originally posted by T.D-Bag View Post
                  When I was a Kid attending Palestra games in the 70's and 80's. I remember the dislike but never heard about VU being from the burbs and not being a real BIG 5 team.
                  The piece of shit Rollie decided the Big 5 was beneath him and the Big Least in which he played; so he bolted and took his team with him.

Ergo, fuck Villanova. The Big Least can have them.

BTW, in a later interview Rollie admitted that playing Big 5 games in the Palestra was too tough on his players. "It drained them for days."

Fuck Villanova and Dipshit Rollie again.

Comment

The piece of shit Rollie decided the Big 5 was beneath him and the Big Least in which he played; so he bolted and took his team with him.

Ergo, fuck Villanova. The Big Least can have them.

BTW, in a later interview Rollie admitted that playing Big 5 games in the Palestra was too tough on his players. "It drained them for days."

Fuck Villanova and Dipshit Rollie again.
                    Ok I will never win you over about Coach Mass, but what has Jay wright done that is so egregious?
                    I thought this story about Rollie and his courting by Donald Sterling was interesting.

http://www.jeffpearlman.com/the-ecce...nald-sterling/

Comment

Fuck nova forever
                      I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

The Pressing question is...

Where is the TU/ Tulsa watch party and are you going?

Comment

Let's watch it together
                          I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

The piece of shit Rollie decided the Big 5 was beneath him and the Big Least in which he played; so he bolted and took his team with him....

BTW, in a later interview Rollie admitted that playing Big 5 games in the Palestra was too tough on his players. "It drained them for days."....
                            Nova's strength of schedule was one of the toughest in the country year after year. It was in unfair disadvantage to Nova come tournament time.

The problem was that the teams in the Big 5 were too good. Furthermore Nova was recruiting lots of kids from NY, North Jersey and DC. They were not as aware of the intensity of the rivalry. They had a tendency to overlook those games.

The Big East was a large conference and it provided few opportunities to schedule non BE teams--creampuffs like E. Carolina is this year.

It was unfortunate in a way but Rollie did what he had to do for his team.

I was the drummer in the band that traveled with the team--class of 85. I always hated going down to the Palestra. The "home games" never felt like home games. Building their own stadium was the right move for Nova.

However I'm glad that Nova now gets to play most of the City 6 teams each year. It is an historic rivalry and a great part of our region's sports history.

Comment

Originally posted by 91EaglesD View Post
                              Let's watch it together
                              Unforetunately, 6 pm tonight will not work for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X