Well, all in for Mariota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
    why else would you bring the big bad revolutionary college offense guru Chip Kelly, if you're not going to let him run the offense that got him the job in the first place?
    That would be the popular question but not the important one.....which is...Why bring in a coach who needs to have only one QB IN ALL OF FOOTBALL who has the ability (-apparently) to run this revolutionary college football Scheme? It's like...if MM just disappeared from the planet, Chip ball is doomed. No one else can be successful running it the way chip has designed. So, for the millionth time.......is that really a QB ISSUE....or did Lurie/Howiie hire a coach who told them something about his system that doesn't add up?

Comment

clueless fuck

Comment

Really?

Originally posted by dmg489 View Post
        I disagree, with the void we have in the defensive secondary the best quarterback in the world won't help.
        Because subpar QB play was ultimately what kept them out of the playoffs, even with the worst secondary in the NFL.

DB is a hell of a lot easier to upgrade then QB. If they can sign at least one FA trading up for MM wouldn't be the end of the world…

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
          Why would someone who put up historically great numbers in his first season as a starter, and struggled behind an injured O-line in a partial second season as a starter, be classified as a "must" go?
          Maniac is delusional

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
            Because subpar QB play was ultimately what kept them out of the playoffs, even with the worst secondary in the NFL.

DB is a hell of a lot easier to upgrade then QB. If they can sign at least one FA trading up for MM wouldn't be the end of the world…
            And you are another delusional fan

Comment

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
              That would be the popular question but not the important one.....which is...Why bring in a coach who needs to have only one QB IN ALL OF FOOTBALL who has the ability (-apparently) to run this revolutionary college football Scheme? It's like...if MM just disappeared from the planet, Chip ball is doomed. No one else can be successful running it the way chip has designed. So, for the millionth time.......is that really a QB ISSUE....or did Lurie/Howiie hire a coach who told them something about his system that doesn't add up?
              Thank God we have Chip Kelly and Nick Foles --- not FF and McPUke

Guess what the problem with the Eagles IS NOT THE QB OR THE OFFENSE -- LAST YEAR THE PROBLEM WAS AN OFFENSIVE LINE DOWN THE FIRST HALF OF THE SEASON - AND STARTING QB OUT THE SECOND HALF

EAGLES WHEN FOLES IS ON THE FIELD WITH A HEALTHY LINE AND MCCOY / SPROLES RUNNING THE BALL HAVE NO FUCKING PROBLEM SCORING A LOT OF POINTS

TO THE CLUELESS FUCKS ON THIS BOARD PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND THIS

Comment

lol you fuckers are nuts

2 first rounders and 2nd rounders and Foles for - a crap shoot

ARE YOU MORONS LOSING YOUR MINDS BECAUSE NO TALENT SPORTS WRITING HACKS DREAM UP SHIT LIKE THIS

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                  Why would someone who put up historically great numbers in his first season as a starter, and struggled behind an injured O-line in a partial second season as a starter, be classified as a "must" go?
                  Bad mechanics, injury history, lack of mobility.

Lots of quarterbacks put up numbers behind great offensive lines with weapons like McCoy and DJax. O-line injuries are a weak excuse. There still were a couple all-pros there last season. Bottom line, you gotta perform behind the line you got.

Not to worry, Foles fans. He'll get a chance to prove his mediocrity next season. No Mariotta.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
                    lol you fuckers are nuts

2 first rounders and 2nd rounders and Foles for - a crap shoot

ARE YOU MORONS LOSING YOUR MINDS BECAUSE NO TALENT SPORTS WRITING HACKS DREAM UP SHIT LIKE THIS

Hey, don't kill the messenger, as I have stated, I like Foles, however, all this bickering really doesn't mean a damn thing, unless your real name is Chip Kelly?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                      Hey, don't kill the messenger, as I have stated, I like Foles, however, all this bickering really doesn't mean a damn thing, unless your real name is Chip Kelly?
                      Sorry you are right, reacted and posted instead of thinking and posting

You are correct we are not Chip

Comment

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
                        Sorry you are right, reacted and posted instead of thinking and posting

You are correct we are not Chip

No issue, I was just pointing out the article, I guess my take on it is this, I still think MM "may" fall a bit, although I think he may at some point be a great QB, the ONLY system he has legitimate shot at being good in the first year is Kelly's.

It just all depends if a lot of teams are willing to take a flyer at a high draft pick on a guy that may not transition to their system, who knows?

On another note, I still have an uneasy feeling about Wash. announcing this early, before the draft, that RG3 is their starter, it makes me uneasy because it could be a smokescreen. It is almost as Wash. is saying "see don't worry about us, we have our QB" write us off.

They are in same div. and know (as does everyone) that CK wants MM, with some of the shit moves the Littlest Telemarketer has pulled in the past, I just wonder if MM is on the board when they pick if they would grab him, maybe I watch too many conspiracy movies?
                        Last edited by Eagle Road; 02-20-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
                          Simple. Many here drank the chip-aid. They are all in with him and have lost all sense of reason. It's the :"if Chip wants him, it OK with me" mantra. Sort of like the Pied Piper leading the flock off the cliff.

Any team wanting to be a serious contender with a solid FO and coach would go with Foles and strengthen the areas that keep the team from having a serious shot. We really don't know what Chip is thinking but if he thinks MM is the only QB in the world who can successfully run CHIP BALL, it tell you more about a failed system than any QB. it is doomed to be a bust.

This team needs Big time help in critical areas. If they give it all away to get MM and he turns into an RG lll.....Ryan Leaf will have a replacement on the wall of infamy. There is a reason why Oregon QBs don't translate to great Pro QBs. They would be killed if they were asked run the ball and that's what they do.
                          We are trying to think what Chip is thinking. Not possible. He likes his former QB he recruited gooooooooooooooooooo figure. Does that mean he thinks he would translate to be a great QB in the pros? Personally I think Chip has a great opportunity to throe a good smoke screen himself.

No way would Chip try to run that INFANTILE oregon offense in the NFL. Let alone with a qb that has accuracy issues, hasn't operated under center, doesnt routinely make more than 1 or two reads even from the shot gun, and has played vs mainly piss poor defenses in the PAC 12.

I bought Chip Kelly the coach that adapts as he progresses not some one trick poney.
                          Last edited by iowaigglefan; 02-20-2015, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X