No announcement yet.

Houseman basically just admitted Marcus smith was Howie's screw up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the point ... it wouldn't have been Maclin, Benjamin and Matthews.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I wasn't contradicting you, I was pointing out how bad the Smith pick was, as if we didn't all already know.

Comment

You're probably right, but the Eagles took Mike Bellamy (2nd round), Fred Barnett (3rd round) and Calvin Williams (5th round) in 1990. Its not totally out of the (hypothetical) question.
        Last edited by Drama Queen; 02-26-2015, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Why not? They took Huff in the 3rd. Not like they weren't hunting for 2 receivers.

Comment

If they were going to use their 1 and 2 on receivers, they would have.
            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Last year's draft was painful. The Eagles sat back thinking they were one step ahead, but in reality, they were one step behind everyone else. Horrible situation. It was the first time I could say definitively, they were caught with their pants down in the first round. Heads rolled and the structure change because of that debacle.

I'm all in with Chip being the autocrat of the draft. I'm just hoping he doesn't go all Mike McCormack (even as a 10 year old, I was like what the fuck is this guy doing?) A little mortgaging is fine, but you need a lot of foresight. Howie and Banner did that, but to a fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                They could have taken Mucus Smith in the second if they took Kelvin in the first, nobody else was drafting him before then.
                Chip would never have drafted Benjamin. I work with a Panthers fan who hates Benjamin. He says that on every play where he's not the primary receiver, he barely jogs. I'm glad we have Matthews over him.

Comment

They obviously blew it. If they waited til third round to take smith they coulda gone best player available in each round and had Benjamin - Matthews - and probably still take m smith in third. Honestly think he may have been there. Sounds like eagles had him rated a lot higher than everyone else.

WR was obviously a huge need after releasing Jackson and taking 2 in first 3 rounds is proof of that. I believe they reached and put a "need" of a 3-4 rush end ahead of best player available on their board. I will never believe M smith was their best player available. If so that's a piss poor job of scouting or Roseman going rogue, hence his being kicked to the curb.

Probably was an interesting 15 minutes in draft room last year with all those DBS and Benjamin on board.

Comment

I just hope Ed Marynowitz is a great evaluator like they say.

If so, I think we are gonna have excellent drafts moving forward with him and Chip running shit. It's exciting to think about 2 legit football minds working with scouts to draft and maneuver. Wouldn't be surprised if eagles become a team like patriots who are always willing to trade down for additional picks more often than sticking and picking.

Comment

Working...
                    X