No announcement yet.

Texans going after maclin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change is getting rid of all of your offensive weapons ?

Originally posted by HowBoutAShave View Post
    Is zero playoff wins, something has to change.
    At some point, they're gonna have to pay SOMEBODY.
    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Is zero playoff wins, something has to change.
      Our FO doesn't have logic, so good luck there...

Comment

Reports are

That the Eagles offered maclin 9 mill a year, he wants 11, I like maclin, and I believe this team needs him, but not for 11 million.

Comment

I have no doubt they would prefer to keep him. Looks like the Eagles have a number but that number is considerably lower than what Maclin and he's agent believe he's worth. His agent needs to find a team that is willing to give them what they want.

Years ago I remember complaining about my compensation at the job I had at the time . I discovered that two new engineers that I had trained we're brought in making much more than I was. The guy I was venting to stopped me and told me it was my own fault. He said people are not paid what they're worth they're paid what they negotiate. I believe that 100%. Riley Cooper is a perfect example of this.

Comment

He needs to go. Already had his career year. Plus Cooper is all that MM needs to take us to the promised land. Jackson, Shady, Maclin, Foles.....get em all out of here. Chip doesn't need good players. His system can use anyone.

Comment

That the Eagles offered maclin 9 mill a year, he wants 11, I like maclin, and I believe this team needs him, but not for 11 million.
              9 is a stretch. Fkkk him.

If the Eagles pay Maclin 10M a year, after cutting Shady and DJax, Kelly is a hopeless twat. I don't see it happening.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Isn't there a bridge

You should be under somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
                  He needs to go. Already had his career year. Plus Cooper is all that MM needs to take us to the promised land. Jackson, Shady, Maclin, Foles.....get em all out of here. Chip doesn't need good players. His system can use anyone.
                  Howie paid KKKooper, not Kelly.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Is it?

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                    9 is a stretch. Fkkk him.

If the Eagles pay Maclin 10M a year, after cutting Shady and DJax, Kelly is a hopeless twat. I don't see it happening.
                    Cobb got 10. Damn they're gonna be fucked. Does no one realize what having good WRs does for the run game? And we thought it was bad without DJax...

KKKooper Matthews and Huff is not good enough. They can't afford to go into the draft like that.

Comment

Continuity matters. Some players mean more to the team (and their teammates) than just what their stats say. And Maclin was no Shady/DJax.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                        And Maclin was no Shady/DJax.
                        In what way?

Comment

"Locker room distraction/Off-field concerns" Not IMO but Chip's...

Shady obviously to a lesser extent.

Comment

Here is the difference: Maclin is the epitome of a great locker room presence. A leader. A guy who goes about everything the right way.
                            Jackson surely wasn't that guy. McCoy may have landed somewhere around the mid to upper level Of that scale, but he carried a high cap #, was getting less carries, and, most importantly, plays a position that is not as valuable in today's NFL. WR is critical today.

He's a guy you keep not only for the way he plays but what he does monday - Saturday as well.

I think he wants to come back and I think Kelly really wants him back bc of his skills & professionalism. I'll be shocked if we lose him.
                            Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-08-2015, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X