According to Over the Cap - Eagles can release Bradford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to Over the Cap - Eagles can release Bradford

And not owe him a dime. Don't know if this was mentioned but this is what I suspected. The Rams had to likely eat any remaining bonus in the trade.

So, at worst this is a trade of Foles for picks it seems.
    --
    Your Retarded

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
    And not owe him a dime. Don't know if this was mentioned but this is what I suspected. The Rams had to likely eat any remaining bonus in the trade.

I think that also would mean they can negotiate any new deal with him if he is the guy.
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

It also means the Eagles suck.

Comment

So the thinking is either they trade Sanchez and offer Bradford a Doug Peterson role, or they already have someone that would want Bradford without the price tag baggage, and Sanchez at least starts the year?

Comment

Are you picking out your spot on the bridge???

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
          It also means the Eagles suck.
          ...might as well end it now.
          "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post

At least he won't have to walk far, Florida has a lot of bridges.

Comment

Jake Locker is cheap and available and really into playing

Comment

Picks to be used to trade up for MM, and a fall-back QB if they swing and miss. I don't hate the move.

I do wonder how the locker-room is taking all this upheaval. As the first Washington game proved, people were willing to battle for Foles.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                  I mean... the worst that happens is that they don't win super bowl...we should all be used to that.
                  “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I want to see exactly what the other compensation is. I've read that the eagles and rams aren't swapping firsts... Chip still has to somehow get down from 20...

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Road View Post
                      So the thinking is either they trade Sanchez and offer Bradford a Doug Peterson role, or they already have someone that would want Bradford without the price tag baggage, and Sanchez at least starts the year?
                      Well, if they really like Bradford I suspect they'll try to sign him to a longer deal. But, if it was just a salary dump and the trade was just a way to grease draft picks for Foles, they may just cut or trade him.
                      --
                      Your Retarded

Comment

Must have been typing and then re-thinking and re-thinking without reading while this thread was going on.
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

PS - What I posted below is that they take Bradford because there was some indication Tenn and TB wanted him and if they can't make the move up they just cut him and, in effect, traded Foles for picks.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                            PS - What I posted below is that they take Bradford because there was some indication Tenn and TB wanted him and if they can't make the move up they just cut him and, in effect, traded Foles for picks.
                            I think that may be part of it but maybe STL knew he wasn't part of their future and if they cut him they still had a cap hit. Either the Eagles really like him or his value is really low. Quite a spectrum without knowing the picks.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

I think that may be part of it but maybe STL knew he wasn't part of their future and if they cut him they still had a cap hit. Either the Eagles really like him or his value is really low. Quite a spectrum without knowing the picks.

If the Eagles cut him, and nobody picks him up do they resign him without the hit?

Comment

Working...
                              X