No announcement yet.

None of these bleeding hearts better jump back on board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the word culture that is blurring the lines.

Kelly's argument/discussion about culture isn't ethnocentric culture. It's culture in the locker room, on the field, game preparation, teamwork, etc.

SAS took that word culture and used it to mean something outside of the context that Kelly uses. Do other people misinterpret the use of "culture" in this way? Probably but that's what I think it is, a misinterpretation, because culture is used as a code word in other discussions.

The problem with Smith is that he VERY likely knows that "culture" is being misinterpreted in this way and rather than dispel that misinterpretation he uses it to be provocative. Well, it worked but in the long run is causes more problems because it creates further conflict where there should be none.

Now you have defensive arguments against reverse racism, arguments that Kelly is racist, etc. All Smith did was stir the pot without any basis other than there was a pot to be stirred.

Edit to add:

And there are numerous instances where "culture" is a problem, racism exists - overt or institutional. Drawing attention to Kelly over something that doesn't exist hurts the fight against real problems.
    Last edited by TerpEagle; 03-13-2015, 12:17 PM.
    --
    Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
      Your "I'm out" post had me cracking up. I was a fan of Nikki and wanted to see one more year with him. Bradford is soft like 3ply, he was soft in college. Nick would get up off the mat when he got his ass kicked.

Not happy with the Murray signing. They could of just drafted a RB and saved cash. But fuck it, its not my money.

I'm a big fan of Chip, so I'm excited to see how this all plays out.
      Man enough to admit I emo raged, partly (maybe mostly) justified.
      Last edited by D Leff; 03-13-2015, 12:19 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I threatened to just watch NASCAR on Sundays at some point.
        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
          And there are numerous instances where "culture" is a problem, racism exists - overt or institutional. Drawing attention to Kelly over something that doesn't exist hurts the fight against real problems.
          SAE fraternity culture.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
            I'm pretty sure I threatened to just watch NASCAR on Sundays at some point.
            Haha, "Dale Earnhardt Jr, you would never treat me like this, it's just us now".

The only thing that drive me nuts about Nascar is that everything is a commercial. "The Nationwide 88 team is making a great run today, I expect that Chevy machine to be right there at the Budweiser checkered flag. They'll just have to pray they don't run out of sunoco race fuel and that those goodyear race treads hold up".

Comment

haha yeah I always find that amusing. "Man, the Utz Ford 88 car sure ran well today!" (while chugging a Pepsi in camera view)
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                haha yeah I always find that amusing. "Man, the Utz Ford 88 car sure ran well today!" (while chugging a Pepsi in camera view)
                Those guys are chugging a Pepsi or Coke in a sponsored hat before both feet even hit the ground from exiting the car.
                --
                Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                X