I pity you people who aren't on board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
    Like all of you, I don't know how this is going to end up. But here's what I do know. In following this team for more than a half century now I have never seen anything as ballsy or nuts, as we have seen in the past few days. Kelly is either a genius or and imbecile -- and he's our genius or imbecile.

This is gong to be a hell of a ride, good or bad, and I guarantee nobody will be falling asleep during games as many people did in the waning years of the Reid era.

Pro football is entertainment...and this is only the off-season. Personally, I like a coach around here who --rightly or wrongly-- put his balls on the line to try to make a decent team into a Super Bowl contender. Hell, its not like we have tasted a Super Bowl championship and have anything to lose. Personally, I am still totally on board the Chip Ship. IF it runs aground, it ran aground trying to do something great.
    I'm pretty jazzed to see what Kelly does the rest of the offseason and the team he puts on the field. It's one of these things were it *could* work out and work out in a big way.

Fuck, if the smoothies mean Bradford stays healthy and reaches his potential, this could be a hell of a team.

I'm a lot more comfortable after the Murray signing, because having a workhorse back mitigates some of the Bradford injury risk. Ryan Mathews isn't bad, but he's not what I'd call an ideal guy to be lining up next to Mark Sanchez for 50 snaps a game.

This offseason definitely hasn't played out the way Kelly planned it (the Gore fiasco makes that clear), but Kelly's got some brass ones. I like the go big or go home vibe. He's got nothing to lose and he knows it, so he's doing it his way.

I still don't know if this setup is any better than, say, keeping Shady and Maclin, packaging picks and Foles to get Mariota and spending bank on the defense. But Mr. Chip's wild ride sure has made the offseason fun.

Comment

I'll be a lot more comfortable when

the o line takes shape. Rb's don't mean shit when you can't block. Andrew Gardner and Tobin aren't going to cut it. I think Chip is drafting an Oregon kid @20 and it isn't MM

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        Still think there may be something else taking place at QB. not convinced Bradford is chip's guy.

We will see how it plays out.
        Thought so too before they signed Murray, but now pretty sure Chip will roll the dice on Bradford next season. Draft somebody like Hundley as a developmental guy.
        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Comment

We're not the only ones loving this Duckie

"You know, I haven't had this much fun watching Chip's brilliant moves since I was knocking Heidi around!"

"It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
              the o line takes shape. Rb's don't mean shit when you can't block. Andrew Gardner and Tobin aren't going to cut it. I think Chip is drafting an Oregon kid @20 and it isn't MM
              Barbre could potentially move inside too, though they do like their other guys.

Kelly will definitely take some OL in the draft, though not sure if it'll be in the first.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnapolisEagle View Post
                Barbre could potentially move inside too, though they do like their other guys.

Kelly will definitely take some OL in the draft, though not sure if it'll be in the first.
                Oregon's tackle lit it up at their pro day... people calling him "an athletic freak"...

Comment

I said before that I'm happy that Kelly appears to be going all-out with his vision instead half-assing it. His moves may be puzzling at first but already they're starting to make sense.

It may not work (most likely it won't given history and general difficulty in winning a championship) but I'm excited to see if it does.
                  --
                  Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                    Oregon's tackle lit it up at their pro day... people calling him "an athletic freak"...
                    Yeah, he could definitely be the pick.

Comment

With all these friggin' ducks on the team.....

.....they should kick ass in wet weather games.

Comment

i do kind of think a qb will be drafted in round 1 or 2 though...usually when trades like this happen there are discussions of extensions or whatever for the incoming qb.

so far, it's still just a 1 year deal. I know that sanchez got the 2 year deal...but sanchez.

I have to think petty, hundley or even possibly mariota will be a pick somewhere in round 1 or 2.

But heck..maybe Kelly really likes Barkley and Barkley improves a whole bunch...hahahahahahahahaha
                        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

I was freaking out earlier this week but I'm all in now. Like Ells, still not in love with the Bradford trade, but whatever.

Don't know if this is going to work out but Chip is cleaning house and going for it with his guys. He certainly doesn't lack confidence. Might as well try something new and see what happens.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

No I won't.

Comment

While I agree with the message

I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with questioning the moves. I think the only ones who wouldn't be on board, are the ones who haven't liked Chip from day one. They know who they are.
                              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Like anal!

Comment

Working...
                                X