Idk if Barkley is worth keeping over Sanchez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idk if Barkley is worth keeping over Sanchez

But he sure as hell has better touch, accuracy, and feel for the game than Sanchez does.

Every DC in NFL knows Sanchez either can't or won't throw deep so can alter their plan accordingly. Barkley at least has the ability and balls/confidence to go over the top of a D and keep them honest.

Some of Barkley's completions look like floaters to me

Up for grabs against starting DB's.

Comment

This is the first time I've seen that ability as an Eagle. He looked like a super noodle arm in the past.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

No question. He's not perfect in any way. I'm just comparing him to Sanchez.

Comment

I think that shoulder injury he suffered at end of his USC career had a long term effect on him. Perhaps he's finally closer to 100% and healed up.

Perhaps not. Ain't exactly going against the 91 Eagles D today.

But he's got intangibles that Sanchez doesn't have.

Comment

I'd rather see G. J. Kinne play QB than Sanchez.

This offense makes everybody look good... except for Mark Sanchez.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
              But he sure as hell has better touch, accuracy, and feel for the game than Sanchez does.

Every DC in NFL knows Sanchez either can't or won't throw deep so can alter their plan accordingly. Barkley at least has the ability and balls/confidence to go over the top of a D and keep them honest.

personally, i dont like either...sanchez is better. barkley did just have a very nice progression there on the dump-down to the RB...showed some great patience.

Comment

Barkley went through 4-5 reads on that check down.

Comment

This Bennett kid playing for Indy looks better than both of them.

Comment

Barkley looked pretty good

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

and had a little more pop on the ball.

His ability to set his feet on that roll out strike to Matthews was excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Chupacabra View Post
                      This Bennett kid playing for Indy looks better than both of them.
                      That Bennett kid looked like shit
                      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

So follow my logic here

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                        That Bennett kid looked like shit
                        Barkley does well this preseason (or just better than horrid), the Eagles finally trade him to Indy...

compensation is: Bryan Bennett, who played for Chip at Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                          Barkley does well this preseason (or just better than horrid), the Eagles finally trade him to Indy...

compensation is: Bryan Bennett, who played for Chip at Oregon.
                          I doubt it happens this season, but if Barkley continues to play like that in PS, he'll probably be the #2 next year and Chip will likely draft another QB to sit in the 3rd spot and develop.

I really liked what I saw from Barkley. His arm looks a lot better, especially on downfield throws. His shorter stuff had some zip and even though his deep balls arc/float a bit, he seemed to compensate with anticipation and good ball placement.

The deflection/pick was ultimately on him, but that was just a good play by the defense.

Jordan Matthews looks like a fucking monster and would've went off if Sanchez wasn't throwing every ball 5 feet over the head of his receivers.
                          Last edited by Melchior; 08-16-2015, 08:21 PM.
                          "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Working...
                          X