Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
    No it's not like giving Iggy a max deal, apples and oranges compared to the way the NBA salary cap works. The Phillies are going to have so much payroll flexibility, Heyward given his age and his consistent play over the years, seems to make more sense than any other Free Agent. I also think he'd rake at CBP and he'd be entering the prime of his career.

Guys like Trout don't exactly come around that often.
    It still doesn't make sense to give him long term big money because... He's good. Not great.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Top 12 in WAR since he's been in the league. By that account he is great.
      http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...lter=&players=

He certainly could produce more power/traditional numbers than he has. But what he's done over the past 2 seasons (good OBP, elite defense and base running) alone would make him a terrific asset to have.

Comment

Top 12 in WAR since he's been in the league. By that account he is great.
        http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.asp...lter=&players=

He certainly could produce more power/traditional numbers than he has. But what he's done over the past 2 seasons (good OBP, elite defense and base running) alone would make him a terrific asset to have.
        I don't disagree that he would be an asset...but breaking the bank to me means 15mill plus. I don't think he's worth that.
        Last edited by nerd; 09-01-2015, 07:56 PM.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
          I don't disagree that he would be an asset...but breaking the bank to me means 15mill plus. I don't think he's worth that.
          Fair enough. I'm mostly intrigued with him because of his age, corner outfield Free Agents of his caliber are usually 29-30. I think he will certainly get a $150 mil contract from somebody, Shin-Soo Choo just got $130 mil.

Comment

Fair enough. I'm mostly intrigued with him because of his age, corner outfield Free Agents of his caliber are usually 29-30. I think he will certainly get a $150 mil contract from somebody, Shin-Soo Choo just got $130 mil.
            true...but the rangers probably wish they didn't do that deal.

Now, heyward is younger...but i don't know...that much money for a guy that is solid...but hasn't shown to be anything more than solid....is risky. he does have youth on his side though.

Comment

Working...
            X