My wife has same # of receptions through 3 preseason games as KKKooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
    Nah - not only do you have to throw away $3M and $1.4 of cap room, but you then have to pay the replacement as well. So add another $600k of cash and cap room.

Easier just to keep him for another season. I don't think he's nearly the problem you seem to think he is. What bottom of the roster player is worth keeping for the cost of nearly $4 million of cash and $2m of additional cap space?
    Agree it is easier to keep him now for the reasons you state. But on the other hand it's just money There is no stronger move Chip Kelly could make now than to cut Cooper. Once you have the roster set for this year i think the cap hit doesn't matter much. His current contract was a just stupid thing.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Agree that the contract was stupid

But it is what it is at this point. No point making it worse by tossing away $2 million of cap space and $4m of cash that can be used towards re-signing Fletch when the time comes and Bradford if he lives through this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
        But it is what it is at this point. No point making it worse by tossing away $2 million of cap space and $4m of cash that can be used towards re-signing Fletch when the time comes and Bradford if he lives through this season.
        Agreed: re-signing Bradford could be a big concern.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Chip keeps who he wants to keep. He will keep Tebow if he wants Tebow. Ours is not to wonder why.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
            Chip keeps who he wants to keep. He will keep Tebow if he wants Tebow. Ours is not to wonder why.
            Way to piss on our cornflakes.

Comment

In Chip we trust. Who am I to question if Tebow stays?

Comment

Tebow who by the way has won more playoff games than either Sam Bradford or Chip Kelly. He's a winner!

Comment

Watch that POS play with the "starters" in the jets game and go 14/15 with 250 and 3 TD's

I won't be able to listen to Sports talk radio at all.

Comment

I will admit my disdain for him somewhat clouds my judgement and makes me biased. I hate everything about him being on this team and taking a spot from somebody else.

Having said that, Kelly is not afraid to get rid of players he inherited from Reid/Howie. I doubt coopers contract would be the a reason why he didn't cut him loose. He always says keep the best 53. There are ways to make the math work on pretty much anything.

Also, if he is replacing him with 2 rookies or UFA's making league minimum it's much easier to absorb any cap hit they'd experience.

I'd rather keep the local kid Bailey & Seyi and cut Cooper. Addition by subtraction.

Comment

THat article says Kelly gave him the extension. Wasn't that Howie the GM's call at that time?

Asking for a friend.

Comment

So, if Kelly keeps Cooper, it's because he thinks he contributes more to what he's trying to do on the field than other options, right?
                        Last edited by slag; 09-02-2015, 12:47 PM.
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Mind boggling. Insane. Ridiculous.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelp.../riley-cooper/

Comment

I don't know. I went to SUNY

Comment

SUNY is the shit ... you need numbers to get into Binghamton and Geneseo.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish George View Post
                                did you hear KKKoopers response when questioned about his non productivity? "Dude! It's the preseason!"
                                Amazing. That's basically the same comment Iverson got crucified for. Only Iverson was the best player in the league for a while. Weird world.
                                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                                X