Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. Open. Don't know how much interest there is here, but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There hasn't been a sports figure worth following

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
    Whoever said dweebs appreciate sports.
    since Shaq retired.
    DB

Comment

I agree with this post

I'm all in for Serena. Mary and i used to play a little tennis. We sucked, but I have an appreciation for the greatness of even the worst of the pros.

Comment

I saw the Brian Brothers when they were 17

walking around and all of a sudden you heard the crowd going crazy ....wandered over to court 11 and saw some of the most intense doubles ever! after that it was tough to get near umm.
        Last edited by TRENT; 09-02-2015, 09:44 PM.
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

The corollary of course is.......

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
          since Shaq retired.
          What little dweebs know about sports is totally incorrect.
          "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

I prefer

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
            What little dweebs know about sports is totally incorrect.
            "scrawny dweebs." Please. Get it right. How you doing, my man?
            DB

Comment

im a huge tennis fan. Big Federer fan. Would love to see Serena get the calendar slam but her elbow is giving her fits so i dont know if she will do it. The guys side is interesting. Federer playing awesome. Beat Novak two weeks ago in cincinatti. Would love to see them meet in finals but Fed has a long road ahead of him with Karlovic in R16, Then Berdych, and Murray just to make the finals. Tsonga was my sleeper to make the semis before it started and the draw opened up for him once nishikori lost. I would love to catch a Fed match but any good seat is 400$

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                I recommend court 17... although I think they have been expanding it via construction, so I don't know what their plans are there for future matches.

Last year on Labor Day I watched three doubles matches there from the front row... just with a general admission ticket. It was excellent.
                Court 17 is the best there. I like grandstand as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Pat View Post
                  I'd let Serena get on top of me.
                  100%

Comment

Bwah!

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    Last time I went (3 years ago?), we walked over to an outer court and I turned to my son and said:

"Why are they letting a dude play against a woman?"

Then I realized it was actually a really tall ugly woman with an unpronounceable Eastern European name who I thought was a guy.
                    I can picture that moment! Classic!

I went only once back in the 80s with my then GF and remember stopping at the courts featuring the best filled out skirts. mens tennis, as good as the players are, can't compete for me. As a spectator. And I remember the jets flying overhead like being at a Mutts game. I wonder if that's why the ex Noo Yawk Titans changed their name when they knew they were moving to Shea... Anyway...Always wanted to go back.
                    Last edited by Irish George; 09-03-2015, 08:00 AM.
                    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
                    May 7, 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X