Mathews Should Be Starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
    Dude, you can't tell me the pass protection was good once Peters went out. He had virtually no time in the pocket after that.

I agree, though, in the past the pass protection has been great and Bradford has sucked. That wasn't the case against Carolina.
    I wasn't referencing the Carolina pass protection. It was shit once JP went out.

I think it more proves more point about Bradford being completely on a different page from his team. Pass pro plays well, he sucks. Pass pro sucks, he plays well.

Comment

Originally posted by CCPete View Post
      You have hatred in your heart for chips QB. NOT GOOD.
      Nah, I like Mariota.

I'd rather put on an old school deep sea diver helmet and have KG funnel farts into it for 7 hours (a la Jackass) than spend one second with you in real life.

Comment

Think maybe playing in a new system with new guys and not seeing NFL speed basically for two years would result in a learning curve to get comfortable?

And it's not helping that this team is stepping on it's collective dicks all around him.

Bad penalties.

Shit run blocking until the last two games.

Balls snapped before they should be.

Dropped passes.

Suspect play calling ... including way too much shotgun.

I'm no Bradford Blower but he has the physical ability and, when I think about it, I can see why his comfort level is not there yet.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
          Nah, I like Mariota.

I'd rather put on an old school deep sea diver helmet and have KG funnel farts into it for 7 hours (a la Jackass) than spend one second with you in real life.
          Now, that's just plain hurtful. The abuse is uncalled for.

So, the Eagles tell us that Duce decides which RB goes on the field. Does Chip even notice or care if it's Murrary or Matthews.. Does he altar the play calling? NO. ITS NOT the OL that holds back Murrary. It's chip calling plays for Murrary like he thinks Shady is still on the team. A bad coach is a bad coach.

And I'm putting you down as a "maybe" for that pub invitation. A couple of more games and you'll be there.

Comment

I certainly hope all that is true and he (and they) turns it around. With an even slightly better offense, this team could be pretty good with the D they have.

I forget who said it, but one of the beat writers Tweeted after the game that, right now, the Eagles do not have WRs that make the QB look better and they don't have a QB that makes WRs look better. It's a bad mix. Maybe they'll all get better. Let's hope.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
              Think maybe playing in a new system with new guys and not seeing NFL speed basically for two years would result in a learning curve to get comfortable?

And it's not helping that this team is stepping on it's collective dicks all around him.

Bad penalties.

Dropped passes.

I'm no Bradford Blower but he has the physical ability and, when I think about it, I can see why his comfort level is not there yet.

Although I can see your point and agree to some level, I just hope that after the break and before the dallas game Sam gathers everyone up in the bathroom for another circle jerk, or is that not what you meant by playing time.

Comment

So how long should Bradford be given to catch up? Sanchez came in after a long hiatus and looked comfortable adjusting to the new system and players.

Comment

Lets' just cut the bullshit about Sham Badford

This guy sucked serious ass in St Louis and now it has transpired here in Philly

Comment

So, what's the plan? Sanchez isn't going to lead this team to the Promised Land. If SB is a bust, we give away players and picks to draft a QB and wait more years till he is comfortable with the "no pass over 10 yards" scheme?

We need a smart GM and a real NFL coach. Till then it just doesn't matter that much who the QB is.

Comment

I see is a guy who was known for accuracy not being accurate and who looked great at preseason speed.

Not having played in the NFL, I really don't know how long it takes.

I'm just a know-nothing who knows he knows nothing and, thus, am willing to consider a readjustment issue as part of the problem.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

The only thing I'm more disappointed in than the Eagles season so far is that I allowed myself to get sucked into a discussion with a troll. Adios Pete.

Comment

I'm just a know-nothing who knows he knows nothing and, thus, am willing to consider a readjustment issue as part of the problem.
                          As a fellow know-nothing that knows he knows nothing, I think there should've been a QB competition between Bradford and Sanchez. Sam was handed the job and is in no danger of losing it.

Comment

I never watched Bradford before he came to Philly. He clearly has the physical skills. But is it rust or just not into it mentally anymore?
                            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Sal Pal made a very astute comment on the radio

Not a fan of Sal, but he nailed. He said Chip the coach is trying to prove the personnel moves made by Chip the GM were good ones.

Comment

Champion of bums

Bad penalties.

Dropped passes.

I actually agree with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X