Lurie needs to pull rank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
    I think he grossly underrated the need for players like D-Jax, Shady, Maclin, and Evan Mathis
    that's about where I am right now. I don't hate Chip Kelly the coach, and plenty of teams have had tremendous success with simple playbooks. That's contingent on having outstanding personnel, though, and clearly Chip Kelly the GM is in way, way over his head. I'm clinging to the hope that the demotion of Murray might indicate that he recognizes where he went wrong and has a decent plan for how to correct course this offseason. But I'm not sure even a great GM could fix this mess in one year, and Kelly has so far shown he is not even a good GM.

Comment

You didn't read that post very carefully, did you?

He was talking about making a coach the GM as well as the head coach.

Which Lurie has done twice.

And which is about to fail for the second time.

Hopefully Jeffrey learns his lesson that t-shirts with snappy phrases printed on the front are no replacement for having a FOOTBALL guy be his GM and LETTING the GM pick his head coach to mirror his philosophy about building a team. And fuck Jeffey if he gives the power back to that Banner buttboy Howie.

I liked something I heard on the radio the other day. Like the Sixers, the Birds and Jeffrey should give Bill Polian a call for a consultation. Make him some sort of offer to be a ceremonial Grand Poobah of Football Operations or something like that and let him live wherever he lives but scour the landscape for a guy he believes will be a very good GM and give the name to Jeffie. Also, fly him to Philly in your private jet, Jeffy, and let him look over the landscape of the team. And make it CLEAR to Chip that what Bill says goes.
      John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

You really are dumb if that's what you think. However, the situations are similar. Holmgren and his SB ring came to Green Bay as the savior of the franchise, and while he had dual duties, Seattle was an average team. It wasn't until he decided to just coach the team and give up GM duties that the Seahawks flourished and went to the Super Bowl. Just like in Green Bay, when he had Ron Wolf making the personnel decisions, and all he had to worry about was coaching.
        Lol. You are calling me dumb? I am not the one comparing chip to a super bowl winning coach. Sorry but that is just a stupid comparison. Chip has been calling the shots since he has been here. This year is no different than the previous 2 except its official.

Comment

I think he grossly underrated the need for players like D-Jax, Shady, Maclin, and Evan Mathis, and overrated guys like Maxwell and Jordan Matthews.
          No he hasn't forgotten how to coach. The league just figured Chip out and now he can't adjust. His gimmick offense will go away just like the run and shoot did. I gave Chip a chance when he got here but his team/offense has declined evry year so far. That is not what we should be seeing. The offense should be on an upward trend but it is not. I think chip is nothing more than a college coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
            He was talking about making a coach the GM as well as the head coach.

Which Lurie has done twice.

And which is about to fail for the second time.

Hopefully Jeffrey learns his lesson that t-shirts with snappy phrases printed on the front are no replacement for having a FOOTBALL guy be his GM and LETTING the GM pick his head coach to mirror his philosophy about building a team. And fuck Jeffey if he gives the power back to that Banner buttboy Howie.

I liked something I heard on the radio the other day. Like the Sixers, the Birds and Jeffrey should give Bill Polian a call for a consultation. Make him some sort of offer to be a ceremonial Grand Poobah of Football Operations or something like that and let him live wherever he lives but scour the landscape for a guy he believes will be a very good GM and give the name to Jeffie. Also, fly him to Philly in your private jet, Jeffy, and let him look over the landscape of the team. And make it CLEAR to Chip that what Bill says goes.
            Chump is good as gone if that were to occur. It's his way or the highway

Comment

I seriously can't stand dealing with dense people

Originally posted by joe9518 View Post
              Lol. You are calling me dumb? I am not the one comparing chip to a super bowl winning coach. Sorry but that is just a stupid comparison. Chip has been calling the shots since he has been here. This year is no different than the previous 2 except its official.
              Reading is fundamental, dude. I. AM. NOT. COMPARING. KELLY. AND. HOLMGREN. Do you understand that ? Read slowly. The SITUATIONS are similar, not the coaches. What a fucking maroon.
              The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Reading is fundamental, dude. I. AM. NOT. COMPARING. KELLY. AND. HOLMGREN. Do you understand that ? Read slowly. The SITUATIONS are similar, not the coaches. What a fucking maroon.
                The situations are not similar. Holmgren was a proven NFL super bowl winning coach before he added the GM duties. it became obvious that Holmgren could not do both jobs and then went back to just being a coach and he did well.
                Chip is not a proven NFL coach and has not won anything as a coach but was given the GM duties. If you take away the GM duties there is nothing that says he will be a successful coach since he never was a successful coach.
                Your comparison is a dumb one.
                Last edited by joe9518; 12-22-2015, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X